For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
srinibora's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 7:47 AM

BOGO Offer is a trap.

Hello I got the BOGO offer and i decided to pay the phone. Since I was not very confident, I called up customer service and the person acknowledged the smartest thing to do. So he took my payment no when 3 months when i ask for my free device, they say that it is my fault that i paid too early, even though the payment was taken by the att rep. I have written an email to the CEO but none avail to the help. I only got one answer sorry. I feel so helpless and frustratred that out right i am being ripped off and cannot do anything to stop it. 

Please please please help me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

To At&t,

I have been lied to, manipulated and told what I wanted to hear and then passed on to the next At&t customer representative.  Sound familiar?   The Bogo promotion buy one get one free Iphone 6s plus last December 31, 2015 has been a complete nightmare and very frustrating experience starting with the purchase of the bogo promotion but the ecom department forgot to add on one iphone 6s plus which was the only reason I called?  Nothing that I have been told as never been credited to my account.  It has been 71/2 months?  The promotion also included turn in 2 phones worth $10 (I filled out the forms online after receiving 2 seperate emails with 2 voucher numbers to receive a At&t credit for $200 each cell phone turned in.  Also, these were from another carrier, worth $100 each... total:  $600.) 

I followed instructions to the tee, and the corporate store would not accept these phones since this was not their promotion but an online promotion only which I was already ready to deal with by bringing a digital copy of the original promotion details and instead I was instructed to call customer service and not one person could direct me to the correct department to facilitate this offer?  

On another note, At&t does not or will not honor 20 year US Naval veteren military retired discount.  I registered and turned in my paperwork with physical copies taken by customer service reps in multiple corporate locations.  I also faxed in the requested paperworkto the at&t fax # provided, with retired veteren military photo copy id.  It is has been 19 months since I first provided my information starting on January 10, 2015. 

Shame on you At&t.  You are taking advantage of so many people that put their trust in your company only to be exploited for money and profit.  

Thank you for stealing my money and wasting dozens of hours to help resolve these problems.

Sincerely,

DRM

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T does appreciate the service to our country and does offer discounts to active and retired military.  Information you need to get it is here.

http://www.corp.att.com/gov/military/

The BOGO required a new line with installment payments to get the free phone.  

The cell phone recycling program is an actual value program.  The $200 is the maximum offer.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Please read the terms of the BOGO deal.  You had to leave the free phone on the new line and pay out the installments.

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

lizdance40, Looks like you are an expert, but please read my case and I am sure that you will feel nothing but shocked for the way ATT is treating me. I am reporting it here because I want other people to be aware of this thats all.

Case:

I had to pay the paid phone early So I contacted ATT customer service to pay of the phone. The ATT rep took the payment because the phone payment could not be paid online. I also confirmed will this be OK? Att rep reply was "This was the smartest thing to do".  

NOW in the end I being shown this contract which, I agree but the ATT rep did the mistake by taking the payment with a promised even after my confirmation, because of which ATT should be held responsible but seems like not, Very unethical practices.

So just be aware!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@srinibora.

I'm a community regular and try to keep up with the offers.  "Expert" is not a title I chose.  Trusted community member is more like it.

I am not shocked at what happened at all.  I read posts like yours from lawyers who also didn't read what they were signing and are now upset.  (Now that is shocking. )

As a customer, I know there are problems with training.  People on the phone don't always work for ATT (call center out of US).  Read from cue cards and don't know all the promotions.  You got some guy who just played "Yes" man to everything you said.   (To tell you the truth, that always annoys me)

Back to your purchase....

All carriers have us sign documents during a purchase of a phone.  The details of the BOGO would have been available to you on the receipt when you purchased your phones.  It's important to read and understand anything we sign, it's a legal document.  

Now you are being held to the agreement your signed.  

I have no idea if ATT can or will reinstate the Next Agreement and credits.  You would have to contact ATT    

You can message them through the forum here.  @ATTMobilityCare.   

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Paying off a Next phone that was on the BOGO basically invalidates the offer.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, but remember the payment was taken by an att rep after I was confirmed that it would not in-validate. I have already mentioned this 3 times.  Would appericate if you can please read my case before responding an one liner. 

Thanks for the response.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Dear lizdance, Neither I am frustrated nor I am disappointed but honestly I feel very funny after seeing your response. No matter if it is a lawyer or att rep or me we all are human being and no one is perfect. Keeping this in mind I called up ATT center to confirm which they confirmed. Now this one makes me fell of from the chair  when you say the training is outsourced, Basically how do I care? I never called their number I CALLED ATT customer service number. I Paid to ATT, All I know is ATT did a mistake and not accepting no matter what.

Similar example you called your bank customer service to transfer money to a different account for $10 but the agent transferred $100 and later when you called to verify this imagine yourself if you get the same response. "Oh the call center is outsourced sorry we cannot do much" or they throw some contract in front for defence them Just Imagine.

Anyways you can only understand my situation if you have gone thru it. (I am not emotional but just talking some sense)

Honestly I would ask you how many times have you read the full agreement in any of the things you sign, If you read line by line for everything you sign, then you are lucky to have that much of time. People like go by the word trust which works most of the time but in these cases it happens most worst thing is ATT is not accepting it even after showing the proof. I don't know why ATT is reterving the call record when I called to verify. I know that ATT gets millions of calls per day but ATT is big enough and should be able to handle that. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@srinibora wrote:

Dear lizdance, Neither I am frustrated nor I am disappointed but honestly I feel very funny after seeing your response. No matter if it is a lawyer or att rep or me we all are human being and no one is perfect. Keeping this in mind I called up ATT center to confirm which they confirmed. Now this one makes me fell of from the chair  when you say the training is outsourced, Basically how do I care? I never called their number I CALLED ATT customer service number. I Paid to ATT, All I know is ATT did a mistake and not accepting no matter what.

Similar example you called your bank customer service to transfer money to a different account for $10 but the agent transferred $100 and later when you called to verify this imagine yourself if you get the same response. "Oh the call center is outsourced sorry we cannot do much" or they throw some contract in front for defence them Just Imagine.

Anyways you can only understand my situation if you have gone thru it. (I am not emotional but just talking some sense)

Honestly I would ask you how many times have you read the full agreement in any of the things you sign, If you read line by line for everything you sign, then you are lucky to have that much of time. People like go by the word trust which works most of the time but in these cases it happens most worst thing is ATT is not accepting it even after showing the proof. I don't know why ATT is reterving the call record when I called to verify. I know that ATT gets millions of calls per day but ATT is big enough and should be able to handle that. 

@srinibora

when it comes to things like sales contracts I read them no matter what.  If you dont read it then it falls back on you.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Hi GlimmerMan76,

I consider you as a very lucky person to read and verify every sales contract, thats all I can say. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.