The new iPhone 15
Mariest's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 12:20 PM

Apt complex gate won't call iphone

Live in a gated communty. When visitors call to enter community, (3 digit code) the gate service will not work with my iphone 3gs. It won't call my phone, so that i can open the gate. Has anyone had the same problem? The gate service people and rental office working on it, but no solution yet! It worked with tmobile phone. Frustrating!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Mariest wrote:
Maybe the apt complex needs to put the code in before the number in their system?

not know the basics of the system, can only go by what we use here, the format is

access code, outside line access number, long distance number, 10 digit phone number

so if no long distance access code is required it would be

if one is required it would be

It may be something as simple as the area code for your phone is different then their dialer. Bottom line is the issue is on their side, the iphone works with auto-dialers

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@Mariest:
You may want to have them consider to insert dial pauses (usually a comma [ , ] but may be other key) between groups of numbers. The pauses prevent a dialer from dialing too fast into a telephone PBX.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Mariest wrote:
Live in a gated communty. When visitors call to enter community, (3 digit code) the gate service will not work with my iphone 3gs. It won't call my phone, so that i can open the gate. Has anyone had the same problem? The gate service people and rental office working on it, but no solution yet! It worked with tmobile phone. Frustrating!!

there is nothing in the makeup of the iphone that would prevent it - it nothing but a standard cell phone underneath the hood. Have a number of 3GS's that our environmental notification and door entry systems sends the requests to when there is a isue or someone needs to be let into the building. the table setup is basicly - a 3 digit assgned code whit the telephone number right behing it. Biggest issue we had was remembering to put the outside line access request number and a 1 if it was considered a long distance / toll call number. Is your cell phone number a local call from your location?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, it is a local number. It won't even ring the phone. A message comes on saying you might have to put another code in front of the 3 digit code. Tried that too!
I have google voice on the phone, could that have anything to do with it?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Maybe the apt complex needs to put the code in before the number in their system?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you, im getting closer!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Mariest wrote:
Thank you, im getting closer!

Hope I really helped, please come back and let us know how it turned out

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Yes it does seem that it dials too quickly. Nobody else in the complex has the problem. I had them put my son's phone number in and it does the same thing. The rental office said they were just gonna give me a code to enter. Whats weird is that my T mobile phone and number worked fine. Thanks for all the suggestions. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Did you ever find a solution for it to ring through to your iphone? I am having the same issue at my complex with my iPhone 5. Had them change it to my mom's cell phone number (non-iphone) and it works. She doesn't live with me, so this can't be my solution.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.