The new iPhone 15
crk4385's profile

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

Monday, June 2nd, 2014 6:31 PM

Apple iPhone 5s or the 5c? Which one is better?

Hello everyone.  I am looking at getting myself a smart phone and I have decided to get an Apple iPhone, since I already have a fifth generation iPod Touch and I am familiar with Apple products.  Which iPhone would be better, the 5s or the 5c?  

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

The different between these two model mainly is the speed and the finger print feature. Besides that, 5c kind of look like plastic, the feeling is not as good.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@crk4385 wrote:

Hello everyone.  I am looking at getting myself a smart phone and I have decided to get an Apple iPhone, since I already have a fifth generation iPod Touch and I am familiar with Apple products.  Which iPhone would be better, the 5s or the 5c?  

It really depends upon your specific needs.  The iPhone 5s is more "advanced" and it has more security features.  The iPhone 5c has slightly better reception in some situations, so if you are more concerned about security that signal level, then the iPhone 5s may be for you.  If signal quality is more important to you, you might consider the iPhone 5c.  I would suggest you look at some real world reviews so see if the features/flaws fit with your needs.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Also, the 5C is less expensive than the 5S, if cost is the ultimate arbiter...

Me--if I wanted to choose a new iPhone right now, I'd go for the 5S for pretty much the same reasons posted in this thread by other folks...

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

Do you need to have the latest greatest model?  If so, the 5S is the answer.  The 5C has the basic insides of the 5.  My wife and daughter both have the 5C and it is a nice phone at a good price with contract.  At this point though I would wait if you can until this fall when a new iPhone will be announced.  With iOS8 having been introduced yesterday, there are probably going to be some new iphone only features that are pretty cool that you may want?

Both offerings today are good and you are not going to make a mistake either way.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

I agree with youngjm - I think you should wait until the newest iPhone model is introduced if you are interested in keeping up to date with the latest and greatest. The newest model should run anywhere from $199 to $399 (depending on the storage capacity) on-contract when you decide to upgrade and renew your two-year agreement.

If given the choice, I would definitely choose the 5s over the 5c 10:1. I would honestly probably keep my aging iPhone 4 than upgrade to a 5c. I just think that the design is a little tasteless...the 4 and 4S are still beautifully crafted and constructed devices...almost revolutionary, even in this day and age.

I'm glad to see that you're interested in purchasing an iPhone. I know that you've had some bad luck within the past few years with a few "rotten egg" phones...I definitely think you are making a great decision. 🙂

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

I would say the 5s is going to be better to go with in the long run as it will be able to handle future updates better than what the 5c would due to the better processor in the 5s, really though we are pretty close to September and that's been when apple usually releases a newer model, so a newer iPhone could be right around the corner.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.