The new iPhone 15
ckvaile123's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 14th, 2019 12:34 PM

Does the Apple Watch work on AT&T?

I want buy my husband an apple series 5 watch on my Verizon monthly payment plan, however his iPhone is on AT&T will the watch work

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

The Watch will work, but it won't be synced to his phone number with NumberSync. "NumberSync requires compatible device on eligible wireless plan & smartphone on AT&T postpaid wireless account & set up for HD Voice." In other words, it has to be active on the same plan and account with AT&T.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@QuarryRye wrote:

The Watch will work, but it won't be synced to his phone number with NumberSync. "NumberSync requires compatible device on eligible wireless plan & smartphone on AT&T postpaid wireless account & set up for HD Voice." In other words, it has to be active on the same plan and account with AT&T.

Watches aren’t locked, are they? No reason it couldn’t be activated on ATT. I presume the OP would need to be paying for a line on Verizon that wouldn’t be used, though.

@sandblaster 

apple watches are sold unlocked...  And yes the op would have to pay for a line on Verizon to keep it on the payment plan..

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@QuarryRye wrote:

Watches aren’t locked, are they? No reason it couldn’t be activated on ATT. I presume the OP would need to be paying for a line on Verizon that wouldn’t be used, though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.