The new iPhone 15
Yukonbone's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 4:07 AM

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Yukonbone wrote:
Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?

Only if you want cellular service on it...

($10 a month, first 3 free)

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes. $10.00 per month after a 3 month free introductory period that Apple has with the 4 Major LTE carriers.

Dave

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am planing to buy an Apple Watch series 3 and would like to get the cellular model but I don’t know how much AT&T would charge for it?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Well, $10 a month assuming you have an unlimited or Mobile Share Advantage Plan.  I have a Mobile Share Value plan and they say that is not eligible to add a watch.  So I would need to move to a Mobile Share Advantage plan and pay $5 extra per phone (x4 phones) plus the $10 a month for the watch.  Smiley Mad

Very tricky way to force to move to a more expensive plan.

Edit: Forgot to say that the watch also works with the unlimited plans, but those are even more expensive.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@AtlantaKC wrote:

Well, $10 a month assuming you have an unlimited or Mobile Share Advantage Plan.  I have a Mobile Share Value plan and they say that is not eligible to add a watch.  So I would need to move to a Mobile Share Advantage plan and pay $5 extra per phone (x4 phones) plus the $10 a month for the watch.  Smiley Mad

Very tricky way to force to move to a more expensive plan.

Edit: Forgot to say that the watch also works with the unlimited plans, but those are even more expensive.

@AtlantaKC

Bull cookies.  You can add the watch for $10.  Anyone tells you otherwise is lying.  

Wearables are $10 on any plan except an old plan with individual data plans.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40

I am only quoting the AT&T website (and I confirmed it with an agent by chat).  Just go to https://www.att.com/shop/apple-watch.html and select the "Setup and Support" tab.  It says:

Eligible iPhone plans:

• AT&T Unlimited Plus℠
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice℠
  • Mobile Share Advantage℠

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@AtlantaKC  Your right.  Those rotten....

Dont do it.   There is no reason it won't work on the MSV plan, they just won't allow it.  

Foolish.  If someone has to give up the MSV plan, there is no reason to stay with ATT anymore. The biggest reason I stay is a well priced plan.  

😡😡😡

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Assuming that a AT&T prepaid phone is probably a no go was well for the LTE plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@AtlantaKC @lizdance40 The web site is only going to list current plans, not grandfathered plans. I'm not sure I would accept what the chat agent said, it may be possible to add to the Mobile Share Value plan. @ATTMobilityCare can you confirm whether the new IWatch can be added to a Mobile Share Value plan?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster, thanks for trying to help.  I have not received confirmation, but you may be right.  When I was trying to order my watch about 30 minutes after they started selling them it was forcing me to add it to the plan and it was charging me $40 extra for the device!  Of course I did not go ahead with the purchase and I bought it at BestBuy instead.  However, I just tried again in the AT&T website (just for curiosity) by adding a watch to my shopping bag and it now showed $10 so they must have solved the issue.  I hope that is what I get once I receive it and activate it next Friday.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.