Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Contributor

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?
Message 1 of 40
Tutor

Re: Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

@sandblaster, thanks for trying to help.  I have not received confirmation, but you may be right.  When I was trying to order my watch about 30 minutes after they started selling them it was forcing me to add it to the plan and it was charging me $40 extra for the device!  Of course I did not go ahead with the purchase and I bought it at BestBuy instead.  However, I just tried again in the AT&T website (just for curiosity) by adding a watch to my shopping bag and it now showed $10 so they must have solved the issue.  I hope that is what I get once I receive it and activate it next Friday.

Message 11 of 40
Contributor

Activating service on Apple Watch 3

What are the various options to activate a new Apple Watch 3 on an existing Mobile Share account on the AT&T cellular network?
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 40
ACE - Professor

Re: Activating service on Apple Watch 3

@PaulG77T  This is from AT&T on setting up service with the Apple Watch 3. Hope this helps. 

https://www.att.com/shop/apple-watch.html

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 40
Contributor

Have an M cell at home to boast my iPhones use at home;

will the new Apple watch cellular work with M cell?

Message 14 of 40
ACE - Expert

@ErikNK wrote:

Have an M cell at home to boast my iPhones use at home;

will the new Apple watch cellular work with M cell?

I'm thinking no.  Your mcell isn't LTE, right?

But I'm thinking the phone is just LTE or WiFI (but that is a total guess) so if it hits the WiFi, I'd think that's be as good as or better than the mcell.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 40
Contributor

Horrible experience and hours on phone and runaround trying to get watch connected. Then to be told I need unlimited plan. Good news is unlimited plan is no brainer if multiple lines, you watch HBO and want low cost tv solution for select viewing in my case. Poorly communicated tho by Apple and ATT. 

Message 16 of 40
ACE - Sage

@Buckoa

You needed a current plan, but unlimited is not required.  Sounds like your good with it, so no big deal.  But customers shouldn’t be forced onto unlimited if they have the Mobile Share Advantage plan and want to keep it.  

I have noticed the wording on the watch sales page no longer limits it to the currently offered plans.  I don’t see why it wouldn’t be allowed on any shared data plan.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 17 of 40

I just received my first month's bill after adding my Apple WatchSeries 3 to my bill. I was charged the $10 fee, and in addition, I was charged a separate $49.95 fee for the new phone number the watch now has. When I spoke to an AT&T representative and their manager, I was informed I now had to pay for that additional number each month. That brings my total to $59.95, and a lot more than just $10.

Message 18 of 40
ACE - Expert

@MichaelMcP69 wrote:

I just received my first month's bill after adding my Apple WatchSeries 3 to my bill. I was charged the $10 fee, and in addition, I was charged a separate $49.95 fee for the new phone number the watch now has. When I spoke to an AT&T representative and their manager, I was informed I now had to pay for that additional number each month. That brings my total to $59.95, and a lot more than just $10.

The $10 is the fee for the number/line.  

I don't know what that $49.95 is for.  It should be pretty clear on the bill, it should be like a receipt listing $49.95 and what it's for written next to it.

Some people with grandfathered plans can't have another line added to it, so they'd add a plan. So a plan plus a charge.

Can't tell what yours is for unless you tell us specifically what the bill says.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 19 of 40

The $49.95 was for the additional phone line associated with the watch.
Message 20 of 40
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support