The new iPhone 15
Yukonbone's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 4:07 AM

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

So how does that work?  I don't mind paying the $10/month, but more than that isn't worth it to me.  Thanks for the response, BTW.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

I can’t swear to it....

The minimum new plan is $10 + $25 data plan.    

Even if they let you add to the old plan, the individual data plans are even more (aren’t they up to $45?). 

Are you using enough data to justify keeping the old plan?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

If it's that much, then it's really not worth it to me.  As for my grandfathered plan, it's definitely worth it to me to keep it, especially the way these carriers keep changing everything.  I'll give them a call and see what they tell me.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Just spoke to AT&T.  It's $10/month, added onto my plan.  And I don't have to give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan, so it's all good.

Thanks again, everyone.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@PDADoc wrote:

Just spoke to AT&T.  It's $10/month, added onto my plan.  

Did you ask? or did you actually do it?  Just curious.

And I don't have to give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan, so it's all good.

Can I be nosy and ask why you're hanging on to that plan? (Have you looked at the newer and possibly cheaper plans that have more features?)

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Answer to question 1: I asked to verify the actual policy, but I didn't sign-up just yet, I'm still thinking about it.

Answer to question 2: I'm hanging onto that plan because it suits my needs, the price is still right, and I don't really see any need to change it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@PDADoc wrote:

Answer to question 2: I'm hanging onto that plan because it suits my needs, the price is still right, and I don't really see any need to change it.

Just keep in mind, at some point you might want some of the new features of the new plans and they might not offer them anymore.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Update: I had decided to take the leap and try it out for the three-month trial period to see if it was worth keeping.  So I went through the setup process, logged in with my account information, and (BAM!) a message pops up telling me that I can't get cellular service on my watch with my current rate plan (the grandfathered unlimited data plan).  

I knew there had to be a catch somewhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@PDADoc wrote:

Update: I had decided to take the leap and try it out for the three-month trial period to see if it was worth keeping.  So I went through the setup process, logged in with my account information, and (BAM!) a message pops up telling me that I can't get cellular service on my watch with my current rate plan (the grandfathered unlimited data plan).  

I knew there had to be a catch somewhere.

And that would be why I asked if you only asked or if you did it. Just because they think the answer is yes, it doesn't always mean the answer is actually yes.

That said, even IF they can do it, I wouldn't think you could do it on-line, I'd think you'd need assistance for that older plan. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.