Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Contributor

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?
Message 1 of 40
Scholar

Re: Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Yes. $10.00 per month after a 3 month free introductory period that Apple has with the 4 Major LTE carriers.

Dave

Message 2 of 40
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎10-02-2017 12:27 PM

@Yukonbone wrote:
Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?

Only if you want cellular service on it...

($10 a month, first 3 free)

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 40
Contributor

How much will AT&T charge for cellular on the Apple Watch Series 3 ?

I am planing to buy an Apple Watch series 3 and would like to get the cellular model but I don’t know how much AT&T would charge for it?
Message 4 of 40
Tutor

Well, $10 a month assuming you have an unlimited or Mobile Share Advantage Plan.  I have a Mobile Share Value plan and they say that is not eligible to add a watch.  So I would need to move to a Mobile Share Advantage plan and pay $5 extra per phone (x4 phones) plus the $10 a month for the watch.  Smiley Mad

Very tricky way to force to move to a more expensive plan.

Edit: Forgot to say that the watch also works with the unlimited plans, but those are even more expensive.

Message 5 of 40
ACE - Sage

@AtlantaKC wrote:

Well, $10 a month assuming you have an unlimited or Mobile Share Advantage Plan.  I have a Mobile Share Value plan and they say that is not eligible to add a watch.  So I would need to move to a Mobile Share Advantage plan and pay $5 extra per phone (x4 phones) plus the $10 a month for the watch.  Smiley Mad

Very tricky way to force to move to a more expensive plan.

Edit: Forgot to say that the watch also works with the unlimited plans, but those are even more expensive.

@AtlantaKC

Bull cookies.  You can add the watch for $10.  Anyone tells you otherwise is lying.  

Wearables are $10 on any plan except an old plan with individual data plans.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 40
Tutor

@lizdance40

I am only quoting the AT&T website (and I confirmed it with an agent by chat).  Just go to https://www.att.com/shop/apple-watch.html and select the "Setup and Support" tab.  It says:

Eligible iPhone plans:

• AT&T Unlimited Plus℠
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice℠
  • Mobile Share Advantage℠
Message 7 of 40
ACE - Sage

@AtlantaKC  Your right.  Those rotten....

Dont do it.   There is no reason it won't work on the MSV plan, they just won't allow it.  

Foolish.  If someone has to give up the MSV plan, there is no reason to stay with ATT anymore. The biggest reason I stay is a well priced plan.  

😡😡😡

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 40
Tutor

Assuming that a AT&T prepaid phone is probably a no go was well for the LTE plan?

Message 9 of 40
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@AtlantaKC @lizdance40 The web site is only going to list current plans, not grandfathered plans. I'm not sure I would accept what the chat agent said, it may be possible to add to the Mobile Share Value plan. @ATTMobilityCare can you confirm whether the new IWatch can be added to a Mobile Share Value plan?

Message 10 of 40
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support