The new iPhone 15
Nicholas_H's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 5:25 PM

Apple Watch Series 3 with Business Acct iPhone

Is it true that my new Series 3 Apple Watch cellular plan can’t be on a personal plan but link to my business-paid phone?!

How are Apple and AT&T going to handle all your Premier customers like me whose iPhones are paid by my company? This is a huge problem at my company alone (120,000 people)!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Nicholas_H

@Ataylo

It is true the Apple Watch has to be on the same postpaid account as the related phone.  The personal login for number sync cannot work on two different accounts. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

I don't think at this point they have a way of doing it any other way.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have an att business premier account and have successfully linked my Apple Watch 3. When it asked for mobile sync login, chose register. I had to set up a separate login rather than use my business premier login, just for syncing. It will work just don’t give up. Best of luck ! Ashley

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have a personal login and a business premier login. I created a different login for the sync platform and it does work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Ataylo   That bizarre as it shouldn't because ATT claims it doesn't work that way.  But great, you may have to teach others how.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Creating a new user account for me worked AFTER i spoke to ATT premiere and added the $10 feature to synch both numbers. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can you go through the steps in detail.   Did you have to create the Apple Watch line on the business account, or were you able to create the apple watch LTE line on a personal account and then link the business iphone (on accountBiz) with the apple watch (on AccountPersonal)?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Can you please explain step by step how you were able to do this or who you had to call to make this work?  Thanks!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I was never able to get this going because AT&T requires that Apple Watch 3 Cellular data plan and the iPhone be on the same billing account.

This means that no one with corporate-paid iPhone service who wants to personally pay for Apple Watch data plan can do that.

Really bad business decisions from Apple and the carriers not to support this!

I’ve submitted feedback to AT&T and Apple re: this limitation but no one is listening. My company (70,000 + employees) has tons of folks who want to pay AT&T for data but they can’t seem to figure this out.

Doesn’t appear to be a priority to figure out. You’d think Apple would be driving the carriers to figure this out, since it’s keeping people from bothering to buy a Series 3 Watch because they can’t add service!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@charclax

@Nicholas_H

Based on how numbersync works, I can understand why it’s not allowed on different accounts and why big business accounts might be excluded.  

Number sync is a method of legal spoofing.  The user has to add the number sync feature to their phone line, create a user account and password.  Aside from the difficulty in doing that for users on a business account with thousands of users, there is the security issue. 

When signing into the second device the first must approve the sign in.   For security, there should never be a way to access a business account from a personal accounts device.  All calls and text on the secondary device, spoofing the primary, are billed to the business.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.