The new iPhone 15
Brown2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 17th, 2017 12:50 PM

Apple Watch Series 3 order status shows a new phone number?

I preordered an Apple Watch and it has a different number under it. I thought it would be connected under my current number and not a new one.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

All devices must have their own number.  It's not possible to have 2 devices on the same number.  

It will use number sync to connect with your phone number and reflect/mirror your iphone.  That can be set up when it arrives.  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

When I preordered my Apple Watch series 3, it asked me if i was replacing a phone or adding a new line. I chose adding a new line, and when i look at my order status page, it shows a totally new number associated with my Apple Watch. I don't want to have anew phone number just use number sync to connect my iPhone 7 and Watch together using the iphone 7's existing number. 

Did i order the watch wrong? Should i have not chosen "add a new line", when i ordered?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

mine is showing the same thing. it only offered me two options when ordering, "replace existing device", or "Add a new line". Neither make sense since its going to be sync'd with my iPhone number. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Wow you apple people don't have a clue when it comes to tech. Each device connected to the network REQUIRES a number that is how your billed for service and it's associated to the account. You will use numbersync or I am sure apple has its own solution to mirror your iPhone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Just like an iPad it will have a separate number but it will connect using your Apple ID

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

According to apple a new line is NOT needed

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just ordered 2 Apple Watches directly from the local ATT store so I can explain this. The watches will be considered new lines and have their own number. However you can sync the watches to your current phone number. The new numbers are just for billing purposes and will not be the actual numbers for the watches.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yes. The Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) has an AT&T mobile number and associated plan that will appear on your monthly bill. Note, the watch mobile number cannot be used for voice, data or text messaging from the watch. Please remember to complete NumberSync setup to use your watch on the AT&T cellular network with your iPhone number. With NumberSync active, calls and messages using your watch will display your AT&T iPhone number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Does anyone have an issue with it showing up as +1 when calling from your watch or mobile after successfully completing Numbersync? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.