The new iPhone 15
cmiclat's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 6:49 PM

Apple Care + for all of us loyal AT&T orders..Please AT&T let us know what we need to do.

I ordered 2 iPhone 4s white (one through Apple and one through AT&T). Both have shipped and have tracking. UPS shows its in KY, where Fedex for the second phone shows nothing yet.

Can someone please tell me how to get Apple Care + without going to a local store, IS AT&T going to allow us to purchase this in the local stores?????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

517 Messages

12 years ago

@hnzw_rui wrote:

@archermoo wrote:

@hnzw_rui wrote:

As far as I'm aware, you can buy Apple Care anytime as long as your phone is still under warranty.

Yup.  As long as the warranty hasn't expired you can buy Apple Care or Apple Care+.

I'd like to correct my earlier post. Apparently, while you can buy Apple Care as long as your warranty isn't expired, you can only buy Apple Care+ at the time of device purchase. That makes sense or else, there would be plenty of folks buying Apple Care+ after they've already broken their devices. Smiley Tongue

Very true, I misspoke as well.  However Apple does allow you to purchase Apple Care+ on the pre-ordered iPhone 4S through the 14th, according to this page: http://store.apple.com/us/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480?mco=MjYwMjMxMzQ

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

12 years ago

I thought for Apple Care to be valid it had to be purchased at the time of the purchase with the phone.  I added mine in when I ordered from Apple last Friday.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

With AT&T orders and my apple order the button was missing? I think their servers were way overloaded... we need to know that we can just go to our local AT&T store and add it...

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

12 years ago

I would suggest using Square Trade - better coverage and cover full imersion in liquid

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

As far as I'm aware, you can buy Apple Care anytime as long as your phone is still under warranty.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I emailed Apple, and this is a direct quote from the email I got:

"After you receive the iPhones you can call AppleCare at{Personal content removed for safety}or bring the iPhones to a local AT&T retail store to complete your AppleCare+ purchase.

Thanks!"

I think you'll actually have until November 14th to do this (per TUAW.com)

mG

Guru

• 

517 Messages

12 years ago

@hnzw_rui wrote:

Yup.  As long as the warranty hasn't expired you can buy Apple Care or Apple Care+.

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

@archermoo wrote:

@hnzw_rui wrote:

I'd like to correct my earlier post. Apparently, while you can buy Apple Care as long as your warranty isn't expired, you can only buy Apple Care+ at the time of device purchase. That makes sense or else, there would be plenty of folks buying Apple Care+ after they've already broken their devices. Smiley Tongue

Guru

• 

682 Messages

12 years ago

That is correct. The "old" AppleCare could be purchased anytime during the year manufacturer's warranty. AppleCare+ needs to be purchased with the device, but for launch day Apple is allowing people to purchase AppleCare+ through November 14 (at least according to TUAW - http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/11/applecare-plus-for-preorders-available-until-november-14/)

@hnzw_rui wrote:

@archermoo wrote:

@hnzw_rui wrote:

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

great info, thank you so much! 

do we open the phone then call them, or can we get the info without booting up the phone I wonder. I bet its the number in the settings...I forget the name, I believe it starts with an E or I.... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.