The new iPhone 15
NCite45's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 2:08 PM

App for this? (Forum)

Ok, I know there isn't, I looked, but it would make sense if these forums were portable so I'm assuming there must be several ways to get this on my iPhone.  What are the preferred choices...if any? Smiley Indifferent thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Ultimately, you can add this Forum as an app to one of your home screens. I am basing this off an Apple iPod Touch (4th Gen.), assuming that an iPhone would work the same way. But go to the main Wireless home page, and on your bottom toolbar, press the "+" symbol. Then select "Add to Home Screen". Title whatever you would like it to be (AT&T Forums). Then press "Add" in the upper right hand corner. You should then have this Forum listed as an app on your home screen.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

That was so simple I feel silly. I'm fairly new to the iPhone and grew so attached to "apps" that I overlook the actual mobile web site. Thanks again.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

It doesn't even have to be the mobile version. You can add the full version as long as you are on the site when you press the "+" and label it.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@NCite45 wrote:
That was so simple I feel silly. I'm fairly new to the iPhone and grew so attached to "apps" that I overlook the actual mobile web site. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Yes, it really is that simple... 😉

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks SlikRick. I prefer the user interface of mobile sites vs full, since it seems to filter the "noise" and formats the screen better...hope I'm not missing much.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

I prefer the Full version on my Touch. When in the Mobile version, you cannot view your/other members' post count, or (a big one for me), you cannot quote. If you didn't already know, this is an example of quoting:

@NCite45 wrote:
Thanks SlikRick. I prefer the user interface of mobile sites vs full, since it seems to filter the "noise" and formats the screen better...hope I'm not missing much.

It's also harder to access the Boards as you cannot see the topics as easily. I much rather prefer the Full version, as it is more computer-like on my Touch.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

Wow, I must be the only one. I really dispise safari in its native form so much that I avoid full sites until I can get to a computer. I would gladly give up the perks for an efficient browsing experience...never got used to the zooming/panning necessity. I envy your adaptability.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

One of the biggest things I looked so forward to in originally getting the iphone was the ability to get away from mobile websites.

The hook was "experiencing the web the way it was meant to be." I was sold.

Three years later, I still am.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@NCite45 wrote:
Wow, I must be the only one. I really dispise safari in its native form so much that I avoid full sites until I can get to a computer. I would gladly give up the perks for an efficient browsing experience...never got used to the zooming/panning necessity. I envy your adaptability.

😄 Whatever works the best for you should be the way you utilize the version you'd like to view this Forum/other websites in. If the Mobile version is what you prefer, that's absolutely fine. Don't let us "talk you out of it"... 😉

SLIKRICK: Yes, I completely agree. I always view this Forum on the "Full" version. I'm so accustomed to it, I can't go back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.