The new iPhone 15
ambrosemario's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011 3:44 AM

Another syncing problem

Hello All,

My daughter and I each have our own ITunes account but share the same desktop. She accidently deleted my entire music libray and now I am afraid to sync my phone because I am worried the songs will be "sucked out" of my phone instead or re-populating my desktop. It took me forever to build a music library of over 700 songs and I will never be able re-create it from scratch. Please tell me there is a way to get my phone songs back on my desktop. Thank you in advance for your assistance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

There is no Apple sanctioned way to copy music back from iOS devices to the desktop, however if you google the phrase

recover music from iphone

You will find many free and commercial options to attempt to do this.

If you purchased the music from iTunes, it should allow you to re-download it for free.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

In the future, your best bet is to create a seperate login for your daughter on your Mac or PC - and then she won't be able to accidentially delete anything. And obviously, backup 🙂

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

It really is not possible to accidentally delete the library, there are dummy prompts that the user must agree to in order to remove the library.

That being said, is the music actually deleted off the computer or is it simply removed from iTunes?  If it's just missing from iTunes then in iTunes got to File > Add folder to library and readd the music.

If it's missing from the computer, restore it from the backkup you keep of your important files.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the songs are gone and were not backed up on a remote drive. My original dilemma remains.  What happens now if I sync my iphone to the desktop. Will the iphone songs copy over to the desktop or will they delete because there are no songs to sync wwith? Thank you for your assistance

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Apple makes it quite clear that you maintain your musc library on your PC and that is the master.  If you remove songs from the PC library, then they will be removed from the phone on the next sync.  The only exception is that recently, Apple has started allowing you to transfer content purchasd on the phone back to the PC.

Since your content probably wasn't purchased on your phone, then your phone will have that conent wiped durng the next sync process.  As earlier referenced, you should just restore your iTune music library from your most recent PC backup.  Since you claim not to have a PC backup, you are in a bad situation.  You have lost everything.  Before you give up, do a little research using Google.  I believe that there are a couple of apps out there which claim to be able to copy content from your iPhone to your PC.  IT will not be a quick process, and it will not be easy, but then if it were, you might not consider how mportant it is to keep good backups of your computer...

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

Sometimes people who aren't aware of 3rd party software products may lead other people astray.

Look at Touch Copy,   www.wideanglesoftware.com

This program will allow you to copy your iPhone music library to your PC and then you can get it back to iTines.

Copy your iPod content to iTunes.
Works with all models of iPod, iPhone or iPad.

I have used Touch Copy for a few years,  works great....

Touch Copy is easy to use and will restore the music faster than iTunes takes to do it's thing.

Cheers,

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

There is no Apple sanctioned way to copy music back from iOS devices to the desktop, however if you google the phrase

recover music from iphone

You will find many free and commercial options to attempt to do this.

If you purchased the music from iTunes, it should allow you to re-download it for free.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

In the future, your best bet is to create a seperate login for your daughter on your Mac or PC - and then she won't be able to accidentially delete anything. And obviously, backup 🙂

Another Apple fanboy - Apple "sanctioned",  give us a break..  You really mean Apple "controlled".

There are ton of apps out there that aren't "Apple" sanctioned that work very well, better then that fat-ware known as iTunes.

Apple "sanctioned" simply means Apple is taking a bite of the apple.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

13 years ago

This may not help you but it won't hurt. uninstall itunes then re install.

that happened to me once and when i re installed itunes all my music

was were it first began.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

go into iTunes preferences and then go to the device tab and deselect the "Prevent......from syncing automatically". This will let you connect your iPHone without loosing your data.

Follow the advice of the google search, you music can be recovered. Unfortunately Apple is not real helpful for this issue.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Hello,

Your suggestion worked great. I installed the software and recovered all my music without a hitch. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ambrose

Scholar

• 

297 Messages

13 years ago

@ambrosemario wrote:

Hello,

Your suggestion worked great. I installed the software and recovered all my music without a hitch. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ambrose

I drink "very" expensive wine.  Please send one bottle ASAP..

You are very welcome..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.