Helpful Links

Adding email account to my iphone

Contributor

Adding email account to my iphone

HELP!  When i try to add my att.net email to my iphone, i get this message.....The user name or password for "imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.  Can somebody assist me with this issue?

Message 1 of 19
Contributor

Re: Adding email account to my iphone

AT&T should take responsibility. It ius not an Apple problem. I have been cursd with the bellsouth.net issue for at least 5 years long before I got an iphone. It is screwed up with Yahoo somehow. One of the biggest messes I've ever encountered. I have tried for years to set up email Bellsouth on Outlook, OutlookExpress and now IPhone 5. I have been successful on only one PC.

Message 11 of 19
Contributor

Consider yourself very fortunate.

Message 12 of 19
Guru

All you are supposed to do is use Yahoo! when setting it up. The problem doesnt lie with Apple, it lies with Att using Yahoo's servers. Bellsouth uses Yahoo! as well and its a nightmare i will give you that.

Message 13 of 19
Contributor

Actually, on my mobile device, which isn't a smartphone, my sbcglobal account was easy to register, but 

I can't seem to register my Gmail account. Something with my email or password being incorrect when I am copying what my gmail account shows me on my laptop. 

pclafferty wrote:

No, adding the account by selecting "Yahoo" option doesn't work.

Sbcglobal accounts are cursed. And no one wants to take responsibility for the issue--neither Apple nor ATT

Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
Tutor

It's simple if you know what to do. 

Here is how to setup your IPhone or IPad to get your ATT.NET emails

1) Make sure your device is connected wirelessly to your ATT MODEM at home.

2) go to Yahoo.com and login with your ATT.NET email address. After logging in to the main yahoo.com web page, click on the MAIL link on the top right.  it will pop up another window for mail login. Enter your ATT.NET email address again, and password, to access your emails there. This registers your ATT email address on Yahoo.  If you have problems with content coming up on your browser, try using either the CHROME browser or PUFFIN BROWSER.  YOU CAN THEN LOGOUT OF YAHOO MAIL. 

3) go to your phone or Ipad SETTINGS>MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDARS>ADD ACCOUNT.

select YAHOO!   Enter your name, YOURUSERNAME@ATT.NET email address, and your password.  Hit NEXT and it will verify.

you should now be able to get your emails in your MAIL app.

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 19
Contributor

Worked great, thanks-Apple's site flunked.

Message 16 of 19

what if i reset my password and I can loggin to att.com or att.net, but not yahoo.com.  I have a flash.net email account.

Message 17 of 19
ACE - Expert

@nousernamereq wrote:

what if i reset my password and I can loggin to att.com or att.net, but not yahoo.com.  I have a flash.net email account.

Try this https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1010523

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 18 of 19

did not work for either pop3 or IMAP, still get invalid  password

Message 19 of 19
    You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
    Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support