The new iPhone 15
donnie1501's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 25th, 2012 11:32 PM

Adding email account to my iphone

HELP!  When i try to add my att.net email to my iphone, i get this message.....The user name or password for "imap.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect.  Can somebody assist me with this issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T should take responsibility. It ius not an Apple problem. I have been cursd with the bellsouth.net issue for at least 5 years long before I got an iphone. It is screwed up with Yahoo somehow. One of the biggest messes I've ever encountered. I have tried for years to set up email Bellsouth on Outlook, OutlookExpress and now IPhone 5. I have been successful on only one PC.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Consider yourself very fortunate.

Guru

• 

831 Messages

10 years ago

All you are supposed to do is use Yahoo! when setting it up. The problem doesnt lie with Apple, it lies with Att using Yahoo's servers. Bellsouth uses Yahoo! as well and its a nightmare i will give you that.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, on my mobile device, which isn't a smartphone, my sbcglobal account was easy to register, but 

I can't seem to register my Gmail account. Something with my email or password being incorrect when I am copying what my gmail account shows me on my laptop. 

@pclafferty wrote:

No, adding the account by selecting "Yahoo" option doesn't work.

Sbcglobal accounts are cursed. And no one wants to take responsibility for the issue--neither Apple nor ATT

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Worked great, thanks-Apple's site flunked.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

what if i reset my password and I can loggin to att.com or att.net, but not yahoo.com.  I have a flash.net email account.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@nousernamereq wrote:

what if i reset my password and I can loggin to att.com or att.net, but not yahoo.com.  I have a flash.net email account.

Try this https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1010523

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

did not work for either pop3 or IMAP, still get invalid  password

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I still cannot log-in to my Bellsouth.net account

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This was just what I needed to know, and it worked like a charm.  Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.