Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 22, 2014
6:15:11 AM
View profile
Activating iPhone 3GS?
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jul 25, 2014 at 8:43:17 AM

Is it possible to buy an iPhone 3GS on ebay and set up an account with AT&T? Does AT&T still support iPhone 3GS models? Would they take a "new" phone and set up an account with it?

Is it possible to buy an iPhone 3GS on ebay and set up an account with AT&T? Does AT&T still support iPhone 3GS models? Would they take a "new" phone and set up an account with it?

Accepted Solution

Activating iPhone 3GS?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 22, 2014 6:42:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
@Toaddiddy89 - welcome! That's a great question. The answer to that is yes, you can use the iPhone 3GS on AT&T's network if it was made for use on the network or is unlocked. You would not have issues as far as adding it to the account. However, be wary buying the phone from a third party can impose some issues like the phone being blacklisted, locked, broken etc. You can get the latest and greatest iPhone on ATT Next and paying $27.17/monthly in top of your plan. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
@Toaddiddy89 - welcome! That's a great question. The answer to that is yes, you can use the iPhone 3GS on AT&T's network if it was made for use on the network or is unlocked. You would not have issues as far as adding it to the account. However, be wary buying the phone from a third party can impose some issues like the phone being blacklisted, locked, broken etc. You can get the latest and greatest iPhone on ATT Next and paying $27.17/monthly in top of your plan. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

@Toaddiddy89 - welcome! That's a great question. The answ...

2 of 2 (1,270 Views)
Solution