The new iPhone 15
drummerjoe's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 12:11 AM

Activated 4s - Still No Service???

Ok, so I got my 4s today.  I plugged it into my computer, and wasn't prompted to activate it at all.  After I went through the setup screens, it was fully functional less the phone.  I have no service.

So I went to AT&T's activation email, followed their instructions, and got the phone activated.  But I still have No Service!  I tried plugging it back into iTunes, and everything syncs, but I still have no service.

I'm hold with AT&T right now, but who knows how long it will take to get a rep on line. 

Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

It has been almost 24 hours now since I activated my device, still "No Service."

I just got back from my local AT&T store - they put my sim card in another phone and it worked fine, they put a different, working sim, into my phone, and still no luck. They think that my device is faulty.

My options were to wait for an envelope to mail my phone to Apple, (no phone for how many days?) or to make an appointment and drive 1.5 hours to my nearest Apple store.

The soonest appointment I could get is 5pm today, so, I guess I'll be doing some driving and waiting soon.

What a frocking hassle. I am definitely dumping AT&T next time I get a chance -- why is it that _every_ interaction with them costs me more time, money, or patience than the last?

I don't think it's AT&T's fault my device is defective -- but I do think it's crazy they can't exchange my device here in town, and save me the 3+ hours of driving and re-explaining my issue.

I'm done. Verizon here I come!

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

got my iphone 4S this morning at 10:30 at the apple store it activated wit hno problems at all. did you do a hard reset?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Hella hard resets bro

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

@zooper wrote:

It has been almost 24 hours now since I activated my device, still "No Service."

I just got back from my local AT&T store - they put my sim card in another phone and it worked fine, they put a different, working sim, into my phone, and still no luck. They think that my device is faulty.

My options were to wait for an envelope to mail my phone to Apple, (no phone for how many days?) or to make an appointment and drive 1.5 hours to my nearest Apple store.

The soonest appointment I could get is 5pm today, so, I guess I'll be doing some driving and waiting soon.

What a frocking hassle. I am definitely dumping AT&T next time I get a chance -- why is it that _every_ interaction with them costs me more time, money, or patience than the last?

I don't think it's AT&T's fault my device is defective -- but I do think it's crazy they can't exchange my device here in town, and save me the 3+ hours of driving and re-explaining my issue.

I'm done. Verizon here I come!

Some phones will be DOA.  As far as I know, even Verizon and Sprint will have dead phones and only Apple can provide an instore exchange so you would be no better off with another carrier but it is your choice just don't switch becasue you think they can handle this issue any differently because they can't.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

I got a I Phone 3GS at my local Apple Store today and had the same issue. They said they have been having issues with AT&T's system for the last couple of days.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

well i got all you beat I bought my phone back in march and I still can not get it activated best buy says att is responsible be cause it the service and att says it best buy's problem because I got the phone there

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.