Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Contributor

Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Hi,

I have 2 iPhone 4S in my plan. The contract has ended and they are eligible for unlocking. When I place the unlock request online and confirm the email from AT&T, I get a mail that says "We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period".

The email does not say where can I get the help to get the issue resolved. This is the first time I have raised the unlock request for these two iPhones. 

Can any one help how to get the phones unlocked. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

If anyone can help, these folks can. Send them a private message and they will get you in contact with the people that can help you.
https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Employee

Re: Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Hi anath09, 

How many unlock requests have you applied for in the last 12 months? 

Quoted from the Unlock website:

• Current customers will be allowed up to five (5) unlocks per account, per year.
  • Former customers will be allowed a total of five (5) unlocks per former account.
  • In addition, AT&T will unlock any AT&T Mobile Device for an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification.

You can find that policy Here

Hope this helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Hi logo412,

I have raised one unlock request per phone now (total 2).

Last year (Aug 2013) I have raised a request (only one) for another phone and got that unlocked without an issue.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Employee

Hi ananth09, 

I would suggest using the PM link provided by kdfederer to get in touch with Customer Care. If you have only requested that many unlocks you should be eligable. 

I apoligze you're having issues with it, but I'm sure that Customer Care will be able to get it resolved for you!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets all the requirements an have never unlocked a phone on the plan. I received a response that all 5 unlocks were used. This is a complete inaccurate statement an smells a bit fishy.
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Re: I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

Hi Wildwoodguy,

Looks like the AT&T system is not very accurate. I had finally resolved the issue by going to the local AT&T store. All you have to do is :

1. Sent a private message to customer care using the link https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 explaining my situtation.

2. I got very prompt and quick response from them

3. After couple of email conversation, they asked me to go to a local AT&T store.

4. The guy at AT&T store had first declined to server saying that unlocking a phone is not their task. I had a hard time to explain and show the emails from Customer care.

5. Another person just unlcoked the two phones in few clicks.

6. More important - As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.

Hope this helps !

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

ananth09 wrote: 

As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.

Why is setting a passcode required?  It is not needed for an online unlock request.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support