Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Contributor

Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Hi,

I have 2 iPhone 4S in my plan. The contract has ended and they are eligible for unlocking. When I place the unlock request online and confirm the email from AT&T, I get a mail that says "We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period".

The email does not say where can I get the help to get the issue resolved. This is the first time I have raised the unlock request for these two iPhones. 

Can any one help how to get the phones unlocked. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (2,934 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

If anyone can help, these folks can. Send them a private message and they will get you in contact with the people that can help you.
https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (2,927 Views)
Employee

Re: Account has reached max number of unlock requests allowed during a given period-iPhone 4S unlock

Hi anath09, 

How many unlock requests have you applied for in the last 12 months? 

Quoted from the Unlock website:

• Current customers will be allowed up to five (5) unlocks per account, per year.
  • Former customers will be allowed a total of five (5) unlocks per former account.
  • In addition, AT&T will unlock any AT&T Mobile Device for an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification.

You can find that policy Here

Hope this helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (2,885 Views)
Contributor

Hi logo412,

I have raised one unlock request per phone now (total 2).

Last year (Aug 2013) I have raised a request (only one) for another phone and got that unlocked without an issue.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8 (2,848 Views)
Employee

Hi ananth09, 

I would suggest using the PM link provided by kdfederer to get in touch with Customer Care. If you have only requested that many unlocks you should be eligable. 

I apoligze you're having issues with it, but I'm sure that Customer Care will be able to get it resolved for you!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (2,838 Views)
Contributor

I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets all the requirements an have never unlocked a phone on the plan. I received a response that all 5 unlocks were used. This is a complete inaccurate statement an smells a bit fishy.
Message 6 of 8 (1,473 Views)
Contributor

Re: I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

Hi Wildwoodguy,

Looks like the AT&T system is not very accurate. I had finally resolved the issue by going to the local AT&T store. All you have to do is :

1. Sent a private message to customer care using the link https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 explaining my situtation.

2. I got very prompt and quick response from them

3. After couple of email conversation, they asked me to go to a local AT&T store.

4. The guy at AT&T store had first declined to server saying that unlocking a phone is not their task. I had a hard time to explain and show the emails from Customer care.

5. Another person just unlcoked the two phones in few clicks.

6. More important - As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.

Hope this helps !

Message 7 of 8 (1,429 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: I have a similar problem. I have an account that meets al...

ananth09 wrote: 

As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.

Why is setting a passcode required?  It is not needed for an online unlock request.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (1,420 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support