06-12-2014 12:14 PM
I have 2 iPhone 4S in my plan. The contract has ended and they are eligible for unlocking. When I place the unlock request online and confirm the email from AT&T, I get a mail that says "We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period".
The email does not say where can I get the help to get the issue resolved. This is the first time I have raised the unlock request for these two iPhones.
Can any one help how to get the phones unlocked. Thanks.
06-12-2014 12:25 PM
06-12-2014 3:43 PM
How many unlock requests have you applied for in the last 12 months?
Quoted from the Unlock website:
You can find that policy Here
Hope this helps!
06-13-2014 9:29 AM
I have raised one unlock request per phone now (total 2).
Last year (Aug 2013) I have raised a request (only one) for another phone and got that unlocked without an issue.
06-13-2014 10:09 AM
12-03-2014 5:46 PM
12-04-2014 9:14 AM
Looks like the AT&T system is not very accurate. I had finally resolved the issue by going to the local AT&T store. All you have to do is :
1. Sent a private message to customer care using the link https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 explaining my situtation.
2. I got very prompt and quick response from them
3. After couple of email conversation, they asked me to go to a local AT&T store.
4. The guy at AT&T store had first declined to server saying that unlocking a phone is not their task. I had a hard time to explain and show the emails from Customer care.
5. Another person just unlcoked the two phones in few clicks.
6. More important - As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.
Hope this helps !
12-04-2014 10:58 AM
As per the AT&T rep in the store, you should have the online account activated and should have a passcode set. If you don't have them the local store cannot help you. If you have not yet registered online, you can do it now and set a passcode.
Why is setting a passcode required? It is not needed for an online unlock request.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!