For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
gadgetgagne's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 13th, 2017 3:55 AM

@ATTMobilityCare - Just bought an IPhone from EBAY ATT Will Not Unlock It - yet ATT says it can be

Bought an IPhone off eBay, owner verified that this device is not currently on his plan nor is it listed on their with installment fee's 

He stated he owned the device.  Showed proof.

verified all iemi websites

etc

when i go to the unlock page for at*t it just tells me that it cannot be unlocked.

ERROR: his device isn’t eligible to be unlocked now because it’s still under contract.
To review the contract log in to your account.
To pay the early termination fee and unlock the device, call 800.331.0500 or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.
You can submit a new request 24 hours after making the payment.

But yet I went to the store with the phone and att rep stated there is nothing on that account/phone that states what the website is telling you.  You should be able to unlock the device as we are showing its no on a contract.

Called AT&T back over and over... all said "my manager will call you back" always never get a call "They will call you back right when we hangup, I am not able to stay on the line with you"  no call or " we do not have any managers available to talk - without even checking

Please help me get this phone unlocked I just spent a couple hundred dollars on it and now I cant even use it but yet AT&T is telling me I can?!?!

@ATTMobilityCare - Please Help!  I can show transaction, etc for purchase of device.

Thanks,

Corey

gadgetgagne@gmail.com

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

Thanks.

Regardless, if the status were there, did it have the IMEI? I don't recall seeing that on-line.

(You had to call to make sure they had the right IMEI for some problems). 

@Gary L No, no imei listed. How exactly they associated a contract to a specific device had to be internally tracked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I jsut got off the phone with another rep. They stated they do not see why
it is not allowing them to unlock it. They said in theory, if I bring the
phone to AT&T and setup an account with the 1g plan (totaling like 50$ with
activation fee and bring your own device) Ideally that should tell the
system that this phone is now on a difference contract. You also will now
have at&t account to file a dispute on the phone. If you can get it
resolved in 14 days, you can cancel your line and get a refund from buyers
remorse. He does not know if it will work but he said :"in theory"

I wonder if i an get an ATT account from buying a pre-paid so I dont have
to go through all at&t store crap.,

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

No because prepaid will mean it'll be 6months before unlock eligibility.

Putting on a different account won't matter either because the original installment plan would still be active in the system. The IMEI may be able to be associated with another account but that will not remove from the installment plan details on another account.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:
@Gary L No, no imei listed. How exactly they associated a contract to a specific device had to be internally tracked.

That's what I've been trying to say: If identifying information is not listed, what can you actually show someone to PROVE that a particular phone is actually the one that you've completed a contract (or next plan) for?

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

If I login to myAT&T and look at my current installment plans it doesn't show the IMEI numbers. That info is only visible in the billing system internally by AT&T reps with access to it. The installment details only show the Next plan ID# and that cannot be matched to an IMEI by outside sources. 

My 2 cents. You got duped by this seller who created what you thought was credible proof that turned out to be fake. This phone is not paid off and until it is paid for it won't be unlocked. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.