Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT knowingly Sold me a defective product and is refusing to honor the warranty

Highlighted

ATT knowingly Sold me a defective product and is refusing to honor the warranty

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT knowingly Sold me a defective product and is refusing to honor the warranty

I believe your issue is with Asurion, the insurance provider, not ATT. Regardless, file an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. If they can’t or won’t fix, no one will.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
ACE - Sage

Re: ATT knowingly Sold me a defective product and is refusing to honor the warranty

@sandblaster 

I thought At&t warrantees Asurion replacement phones for a period of time.  Is it 90 days? 1 year?  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 12
ACE - Sage

@leetyeetbeets   The product is Apple’s, not At&t.  And no, At&t did not knowingly sell you a defective product.  At&t sold you what you asked for.  

Any defects were warranteed by Apple for 12 months.  If it was defective after that 12 months were up, it was up to you to decide to pursue Apple for a replacement, or use your insurance.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

@sandblaster 

I thought At&t warrantees Asurion replacement phones for a period of time.  Is it 90 days? 1 year?  

90 days

Message 5 of 12

Apple cannot replace the device because the insurance company refurbished
it an installed third party hardware
Message 6 of 12
ACE - Sage

@leetyeetbeets wrote:
Apple cannot replace the device because the insurance company refurbished
it an installed third party hardware

Yes we are aware of that. AT&T warrantees replacement devices for 90 days.   If you made a warranty claim after 90 days, you are out of luck and have to replace the phone on your own.  

Message 7 of 12

I've contacted the BBB, I'm honestly shocked that it got to this point. Especially since the only reason I'm filing after 90 days is because AT&T didn't tell me what was wrong with the phone. If they told me that my no service issue was caused by a known defect back in early July I would've filed within the warranty period

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Sage

@leetyeetbeets wrote:

I've contacted the BBB, I'm honestly shocked that it got to this point. Especially since the only reason I'm filing after 90 days is because AT&T didn't tell me what was wrong with the phone. If they told me that my no service issue was caused by a known defect back in early July I would've filed within the warranty period

I woukdnt hold my breath if I were you.  This is not. AT&T’s fault.  It’s all on Apple if they had a ‘known issue’. 

Message 9 of 12
Master

Still not understanding how AT&T sold you a phone with a “known defect”, with I assume to mean that AT&T knew something was wrong with the phone before they sold it it you, and sold it anyway.  What is this “known defect”, and how do you know that AT&T was aware of it?  I’m any case, it had a 90 day warranty, the purpose of which is to detect any problems with the replacement. 

Message 10 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support