ATT cancelled my iPhone order

Tutor

ATT cancelled my iPhone order

So I placed an for order 4 lines online (3 iphone 5, 1 iphone 5s) on 4/30. All line transfers from Verizon. My order went into pending status and next thing you know when I get home the next day, I find out my order has been cancelled. Only explanation I've been given is that AT&T was unable to verify my information. This is ridiculous, I gave my SSN, my address, multiple phone numbers. I have an AT&T landline and have been at the same address for years. I've had AT&T DSL and mobile service for my iPad in the past. My credit is good, and definitely not a problem with the card I used.

Where's the problem AT&T? Why did you take my order if you are unable to fulfill it? Did you not want to give me the $100 Bill Credit per line? I'm furious. You've offered me an apology and told me to go to a store where you don't have the online deals. This is not good enough and unacceptable.  How do you expect to stay in business? You guys should be sued for false advertising.

semper fi...

gary

Message 1 of 4 (882 Views)
Master

Re: ATT cancelled my iPhone order

javabits wrote:

So I placed an for order 4 lines online (3 iphone 5, 1 iphone 5s) on 4/30. All line transfers from Verizon. My order went into pending status and next thing you know when I get home the next day, I find out my order has been cancelled. Only explanation I've been given is that AT&T was unable to verify my information. This is ridiculous, I gave my SSN, my address, multiple phone numbers. I have an AT&T landline and have been at the same address for years. I've had AT&T DSL and mobile service for my iPad in the past. My credit is good, and definitely not a problem with the card I used.

Where's the problem AT&T? Why did you take my order if you are unable to fulfill it? Did you not want to give me the $100 Bill Credit per line? I'm furious. You've offered me an apology and told me to go to a store where you don't have the online deals. This is not good enough and unacceptable.  How do you expect to stay in business? You guys should be sued for false advertising.

semper fi...

gary

I have never figured out their online order system....  Go to a store with your information from the order and ask for a store Manager and get him to match the deal.  I do not think it is some plot to not give you the deal but it is a function that ATT just does not do online orders well........

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (880 Views)
ACE - Master

javabits wrote:

semper fi...

gary

What online deals are you referring to that you can't get in a store? If you are talking about online deals for the phones, you may want to rethink your phone purchase strategy. Since you said you are transfering lines from Verizon, I presume you are a new wireless customer and therefore getting a mobile share plan. If you plan to buy phones at the 2 year contract subsidized price, your monthly cost per line on mobile share will be $40. If you buy the new phones via Next, your monthly cost per line is either $25 or $15 (depending on whether your mobile share is less than 10GB or not). You may find that over the course of 2 years, you will be paying more for each phone at the 2 year contract price than if bought via Next. You also avoid the $36 activation fee with Next. I suggest you figure out which way costs less.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (858 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I think you're really missing the point here. In terms of customer profiles, I'm as good as it gets. Good credit. Pay my bills on time. 4 lines, 4 smartphones. It's an extremely poor customer experience - to get a confirmation email for your order and then have your order cancelled and not even be given any type of reasonable reason. Really telling me you could not validate my information or that I ordered too many phones? REALLY!?! W T F! I had some guy on the online sight chat with me and he stayed with as I entered my order, he didn't spot a problem. When I called online order support they couldn't do anything to my order and just gave me a lame apology and excuse. This is pretty much a gigantic fail.

You might as well not bother taking any orders online if that's the way it's going to be.

semper fi...

gary

Message 4 of 4 (833 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.