AT&T to add alerts from government that you can't turn off

Contributor

AT&T to add alerts from government that you can't turn off

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/06/att-to-load-iphones-with-emergency-alerts-from-obama-that-yo...       I don't want this ill go to Verizon or sprint if AT&T doest this 

Message 1 of 20 (5,386 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T to add alerts from government that you can't turn off

juicy907couture wrote:

I'm actually a little upset that AT&T doesn't offer this in my area. While out to dinner a few nights ago, my friend got an Amber Alert notification on her cell, and I didn't. She has a different carrier, and I thought it was a great idea.

they just rolled it out for the Iphone 4 and above nationally once you get the carrier settings upgrade it will be there.

Message 16 of 20 (5,107 Views)

But does "nationally" include Alaska haha it usually doesn't
Message 17 of 20 (5,078 Views)
Expert

juicy907couture wrote:
But does "nationally" include Alaska haha it usually doesn't

Last time I looked the US had 50 states unless something happened overnight in the world.

Message 18 of 20 (5,067 Views)

Alaska is one of the 50 states however a lot of companies don't acknowledge. And most of the ones that do raise the prices on everything. A lot of "anywhere in the US*" deals have fine print that say "excluding AK and HI"

Is the network update something I do, or is it something I just wait for?
Message 19 of 20 (5,063 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

juicy907couture wrote:
Alaska is one of the 50 states however a lot of companies don't acknowledge. And most of the ones that do raise the prices on everything. A lot of "anywhere in the US*" deals have fine print that say "excluding AK and HI"

Is the network update something I do, or is it something I just wait for?

It will automatcily occurr. A lot of offers exclude both states not becasue don;t consider them as part of the US, it is becasue of the horrendous cost of shipping and lack of transportation methods to all but the larger cities in the case of Alaska.

Message 20 of 20 (5,044 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.