• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 16th, 2013 2:32 PM

AT&T to add alerts from government that you can't turn off

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

11 years ago

Don't worry, you are not charged for this service. And it is not used to see what is in your phone. It would only be used to announce something very important such as our country being under attack. You can just delete the message if you want.

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

11 years ago

I think that idea is Great if I was in the US I would adopt that option,

I don't really get to hear the News until the evning so having myphone there 

to remind me of important stuff would be neat 🙂

im sorry everyone else thinks otherwise though  Cat Sad

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@juicy907couture wrote:

I'm actually a little upset that AT&T doesn't offer this in my area. While out to dinner a few nights ago, my friend got an Amber Alert notification on her cell, and I didn't. She has a different carrier, and I thought it was a great idea.

they just rolled it out for the Iphone 4 and above nationally once you get the carrier settings upgrade it will be there.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

11 years ago

But does "nationally" include Alaska haha it usually doesn't

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@juicy907couture wrote:
But does "nationally" include Alaska haha it usually doesn't

Last time I looked the US had 50 states unless something happened overnight in the world.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

11 years ago

Alaska is one of the 50 states however a lot of companies don't acknowledge. And most of the ones that do raise the prices on everything. A lot of "anywhere in the US*" deals have fine print that say "excluding AK and HI"

Is the network update something I do, or is it something I just wait for?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@juicy907couture wrote:
Alaska is one of the 50 states however a lot of companies don't acknowledge. And most of the ones that do raise the prices on everything. A lot of "anywhere in the US*" deals have fine print that say "excluding AK and HI"

Is the network update something I do, or is it something I just wait for?

It will automatcily occurr. A lot of offers exclude both states not becasue don;t consider them as part of the US, it is becasue of the horrendous cost of shipping and lack of transportation methods to all but the larger cities in the case of Alaska.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.