The new iPhone 15
skent14's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 17th, 2014 2:13 PM

AT&T text messages are not sending

Even though I have 3 bars of service my iphone won't send imessages or regular text messages. The phone is not on airplane mode and I have tried restarting the phone as well. Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've been having the same problem but only with SMS text messages I message is working just fine. I have an iPhone 6s I have tried resetting network settings seem to help for five minutes I've reset the phone I've done everything I know to do and it still happening. I'm going to contact AT&T since it seems to be their service that's having the issue and all I can say is I better get some sort of money off my bill! I pay enough for the service and it should be working correctly all the time! I am in western Massachusetts by the way and it doesn't matter where I am in the state or even northern Connecticut it's still happening so it doesn't seem to just be the towers… If anybody else has any information please let me know

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am in SC and am having the same problem with my Android. My SMS texts have been working off and on (mostly off) for two days now. I will be contacting customer service about it tomorrow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having the same problem on my LG phone sending messages. It's totally hit and miss any more. It's just time to dump AT&T.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

It could be the Message Center number.  This worked for a friend of mine.  In the messaging app, look for a menu.  You want to get to the Settings.

The menus vary slightly from phone to phone, but you want to get to the text messaging settings.  Again you may need to look for a menu option on this page.

What you want to get to is Message Center.  If different, change it to +13123149810 (hold zero to get the +)

If you are using ATT Messages to get text of several devices, the change may affect this. But it helped a friend of mine who could not send.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

One other option

Go to Settings>Applications (Or maybe Application Manager)>Messages>Force Stop>Clear Cache and reboot your device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a samsung s4 mini and am having the same problem. I have call AT&T, samsung, and gone into the store. Tried factory reset, powering off phone for awhile, and getting new sim card. Nothing has made my text messages work yet. AT&T was very rude and unprofessional to say that because i did not buy the newest model phone, that is the risk i took. They also stated that my only options are to pay $66 to upgrade to new phone or pay $62 with an insurance. One week without being able to text and the issue eating up my battery life in 3 hours.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Here is what finally fixed mine after 5 miserable researching this issue.....AT&T's texting number (i.e."Message center number," found in the settings of the messaging app) is 13123149810. What was not specified on most forums was that a plus sign "+" has to be before the first number "1".

My messaging was working and all of a sudden, not. How the "plus sign" got removed in the first place I do not know. The plus sign is located on the 'zero number, faintly" on the numerical keyboard. Press and hold the zero button briefly and the plus sign appears. If not backspace and get rid of the zero and try again, then add the complete number; 13123149810.

When your all done it looks like this; +13123149810.  If you do not have AT&T, just search your carriers "message center number" and make sure there is a "+" in front of all of it.

After 5 days I can text anything again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This has happened with two different at&t phones.
The problem is the service and at&t response is to check basic stuff. Sad!!!!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @petro786 !

Thanks for posting your concerns on the AT&T community forum.

If you are continuing to have issues with text messages after going through troubleshooting, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

Thanks,

-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So you don't allow WiFi for texts - or the ability to even opt in to this - for better "troubleshooting." THAT is rich!

I'm at a hospital that has basically no ATdT service, but has a strong public WiFi. In unable to make calls or texts because AT&T thinks this would be worse than having to troubleshoot problems if and when they would arise? As a customer, I can tell you that this is completely false. I would prefer to sign an agreement that I would waive the right to have assistance with calls our sms problems when my WiFi is turned on.

I won't be able to call my kids to tell them they have a new baby brother or sister is unacceptable, unless I borrow someone's phone that's not on AT&T.

I've had enough of AT&Ts crap service. I'll change carriers.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.