Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

I have iPhone 7 from At&t

I Unlock the device from at&t and it’s successfully done. And I followed the instuction to switching carrier, and I see the Verizon wireless on left top corner  but no signal.

what did I missed? 

Message 1 of 25
ACE - Sage

Re: AT

Yes:    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

But I bet ya a quarter you’ll get an ‘IMEI not found’ or ‘not an AT&T device’ and  have to call.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 25
Tutor

Can you not call and have them do the no CDMA setup like when you bring over the oneplus6t?

Message 22 of 25
Tutor

Thank you for the easy-to-understand info. It even gives me a smile.

Message 23 of 25
Contributor

So since Verizon is doing away with the CDMA network this year 2019 and seems to be going to 4g Lte network and 5g, then does it matter that the att iPhone 7s do not support cdma? It seems the att iPhone 7 does support 4g lte and has most if not all the lte bands used by Verizon. Of course this is just from what I have read on the internet....  we are moving from att to Verizon this year and would really like to use our phones we have now then having to go buy new phones, which we may have to end up doing anyway.

Message 24 of 25
ACE - Expert

As of right now Verizon is still not activating iPhones as LTE only devices last I heard.  I would call Verizon to see what is what.  I would not want one LTE only if you hit a bad coverage area the call will drop.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support