The new iPhone 15
689berendo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 2:49 AM

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

I have iPhone 7 from At&t

I Unlock the device from at&t and it’s successfully done. And I followed the instuction to switching carrier, and I see the Verizon wireless on left top corner  but no signal.

what did I missed? 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can you not call and have them do the no CDMA setup like when you bring over the oneplus6t?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the easy-to-understand info. It even gives me a smile.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So since Verizon is doing away with the CDMA network this year 2019 and seems to be going to 4g Lte network and 5g, then does it matter that the att iPhone 7s do not support cdma? It seems the att iPhone 7 does support 4g lte and has most if not all the lte bands used by Verizon. Of course this is just from what I have read on the internet....  we are moving from att to Verizon this year and would really like to use our phones we have now then having to go buy new phones, which we may have to end up doing anyway.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

As of right now Verizon is still not activating iPhones as LTE only devices last I heard.  I would call Verizon to see what is what.  I would not want one LTE only if you hit a bad coverage area the call will drop.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Will-my-iPhone-7-7Plus-work-on-another-carrier

This will show you a graph and give explanations of which iPhones will work with other carriers.  

The AT&T iPhone 7 is not compatible with Verizon.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Will-my-iPhone-7-7Plus-work-on-another-carrier

This will explain which iPhones are compatible with other carriers.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Carolineann13 

That is actually false.   You can activate a iPhone 7 gsm only on Verizon.   Verizon no longer cares because they will be a lte only carrier at the end of the year

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Carolineann13 wrote:

This will explain which iPhones are compatible with other carriers.

Whistle out has old information.  Verizon hasn’t allowed CDMA only phones all year.  

As long as the phone can work on Verizon LTE (with band 13 being primary and required), it can activate on Verizon and work just fine.  After it's unlocked of course.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I tested a verizon SIM in a 7 plus and it showed verizon but no bars, however if you have an 8 like i do it will get verizon but only 4G LTE so your service on the 8 may be spotty but I've tested the at&t 7’s and they don’t allow any signal or LTE from verizon at all (basically no bars) I dont know why the 8’s will get LTE but the 7’s don’t 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Im pretty sure its just the 7’s bands (gsm model) are only good for gsm networks (T-mobile,straighttalk,cricket,etc.) i only have have verizon SIM cards so I can’t test compatibility for other carriers, hope my insight helps a little bit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.