The new iPhone 15
689berendo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 2:49 AM

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

I have iPhone 7 from At&t

I Unlock the device from at&t and it’s successfully done. And I followed the instuction to switching carrier, and I see the Verizon wireless on left top corner  but no signal.

what did I missed? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Krishsankar

No.  The carrier lock is software, as in a program on the phone which only allowed ATT.  That “program” has been removed, so it will work with other compatible carriers.  

Hardware is the bands the phone was built with.  It’s internal mechanisms.   And they don’t match the bands for Verizon, so the phone can’t work.  It won’t work on Sprint either, as Sprint is also a CDMA network. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Your phone is not compatible with Verizon. The ATT model of the iPhone 7, 8 and X does not have any CDMA radios and won’t fully work on Verizon or Sprint. You might get service occasionally when on LTE but no telling when or where. You need a different phone.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@689berendo

You arent getting it....  there is no “code”

the Hardware is not included on your phone to function on Verizon.  

The ATT version of all but 3 iPhones are GSM only.  The iPhone 6, 6s and SE are universal phones.  All phones sold through GSM providers prior to iPhone 6 and subsequent to iPhone SE are GSM only.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

ThenThen what is 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Then what is inter carrier code? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the response. Is there a work around as I have a similar issue to switch I phone 7plus to Xfinity. I got the phone unlocked by AT&T

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Krishsankar

Please read the solutions.  And understand HARDWARE.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

So, customers will have to be locked into a indefinite period with AT&T until he/she decides to get a new device?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Krishsankar No. An unlocked ATT iPhone 7 will work fine on T-Mobile or any other GSM carrier.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

Lets put this out here with an easy to understand response

your phone is a round peg

verizon is a square hole

there is no work around other than selling your phone and buying a different phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.