Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

I have iPhone 7 from At&t

I Unlock the device from at&t and it’s successfully done. And I followed the instuction to switching carrier, and I see the Verizon wireless on left top corner  but no signal.

what did I missed? 

Message 1 of 25
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎07-12-2018 2:40 PM

Re: AT&T carrier switch to Verizon

Your phone is not compatible with Verizon. The ATT model of the iPhone 7, 8 and X does not have any CDMA radios and won’t fully work on Verizon or Sprint. You might get service occasionally when on LTE but no telling when or where. You need a different phone.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 25

ThenThen what is 

Message 3 of 25

Then what is inter carrier code? 

Message 4 of 25
Highlighted
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by 689berendo
‎07-11-2018 8:44 PM

@689berendo

You arent getting it....  there is no “code”

the Hardware is not included on your phone to function on Verizon.  

The ATT version of all but 3 iPhones are GSM only.  The iPhone 6, 6s and SE are universal phones.  All phones sold through GSM providers prior to iPhone 6 and subsequent to iPhone SE are GSM only.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 25
Contributor

Thanks for the response. Is there a work around as I have a similar issue to switch I phone 7plus to Xfinity. I got the phone unlocked by AT&T

Message 6 of 25
ACE - Sage

@Krishsankar

Please read the solutions.  And understand HARDWARE.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 7 of 25
Contributor

Re: AT

So, customers will have to be locked into a indefinite period with AT&T until he/she decides to get a new device?

Message 8 of 25
ACE - Expert

@Krishsankar No. An unlocked ATT iPhone 7 will work fine on T-Mobile or any other GSM carrier.

Message 9 of 25
ACE - Sage

@Krishsankar

No.  The carrier lock is software, as in a program on the phone which only allowed ATT.  That “program” has been removed, so it will work with other compatible carriers.  

Hardware is the bands the phone was built with.  It’s internal mechanisms.   And they don’t match the bands for Verizon, so the phone can’t work.  It won’t work on Sprint either, as Sprint is also a CDMA network. 

Message 10 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support