The new iPhone 15
harodare's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 10th, 2018 7:27 PM

AT&T Sim to Verizon 4G LTE

I understand that all 4G Verizon phones are unlocked by default (other than if they're on a prepaid plan). I recently tried to move a SIM on network plan to a Verizon 4G LG Smart Phone. AT&T store rep tells me that because the Verizon phone uses a different networking protocol CDMA than AT&T, the SIM card won't work, even if they prepare a properly sized one for me. Does this ring true or have I missed something?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Back then yes the LG g3 was that way.  Any new phone made in the last 2 years will work on almost any us carrier.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The rep is likely wrong. It depends on the phone but most Verizon phones work on both CDMA and 4G/LTE meaning the ATT SIM card will work. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

What phone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Ace,

Thanks for that! I've got what she said confirmed by a friend who works for T-Mobile -- I think the issue is that AT&T SIMs work off of GSM whereas the Verizon Phones only work on CDMA? It's a VS985 4G LTE

Thanks again for the prompt response!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So if I drop by their shop what should I have the rep do? The SIM I have from the ATT phone seems a little too small for the Verizon phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So I did drop by and the rep was able to set everything up. Thanks for giving me the impetus to get it done and save some money!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have a SIMilar question (pun intended) ...

I'd like to swap the SIM from an AT&T iPhone 8 to a Verizon iPhone 10.  What's involved?  

I should backup the the iPhone 8 using iTunes, then restore it to the iPhone 10 ... then insert the SIM, yes?  Do I need to call AT&T?  If so, what am I saying - what info do they need?  Thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.