APPLE IPHONE AND IPAD CHARGERS?

Mentor

APPLE IPHONE AND IPAD CHARGERS?

I have a family member who just moved out of the country and when he sold his car, he forgot to take his iphone and ipad car chargers with him.  I was thinking of buying him new chargers and sending them down to him, seeing as we do not know if there are any Apple stores where he just moved to.  He has an iPhone 3G or 3GS and a first generation iPad (the one with 3G and wi-fi).  Does anyone know what car chargers both devices require?

Message 1 of 5 (5,282 Views)
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author crk4385
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: APPLE IPHONE AND IPAD CHARGERS?

iPhone/iPod charge with .5 to 1A chargers, most any car USB charger will work.

iPads need 10A, which is tricky to get in a car charger. You'd need to buy one that specifically says "charges iPad"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (5,246 Views)
Mentor

Thank you very much for the information.  I will look into it. :-)

Message 3 of 5 (5,219 Views)
ACE - Master

I believe you mean 10 W (not 10 A).  [5V at 2A = 10W]

I just checked my iPad charger at it stated "10W USB Power Adapter"

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (5,180 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

GeekBoy wrote:

I believe you mean 10 W (not 10 A).  [5V at 2A = 10W]

I just checked my iPad charger at it stated "10W USB Power Adapter"

Yep. That's what I meant. If you've ever looked at your iPad when plugged into either an iPhone or your computer, it indicates it is plugged in and not charging... not getting enough juice.

Message 5 of 5 (5,165 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.