The new iPhone 15
deeintx's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 10:19 PM

3GS accelerometer

New to an iphone - just got mine, and am wondering if the accelerometer is supposed to work all of the time, or only in certain apps - for instance - the "Maps" icon - how about "contacts" - if only in certain apps, is there a list of which ones it should work in - just a little paranoid that I got one with a problem...

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

The iPod app only rotates with content, the menu's do not rotate.

As for the compass app, only the compass itself rotates.  The display at the top of the screen that shows degrees and direction does not rotate.

Maybe you should try loading some content on the phone and using it before jumping to the conclusion that something is wrong.  You do have 30 days to return or exchange from date of purchase.  After that, the 1yr warranty (90 days for refurbs) kicks in.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

14 years ago

what problems do you feel you are having with it? I don't think it does something all the time, but works as you need it.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

14 years ago

The only app I have been able to get it to change from portrait to landscape is in gmail - when in the "maps" app, it will not change - now it will change in contacts and facebook (earlier it wouldn't) - is it sometimes glitchy?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

14 years ago

Some apps are simply not coded to allow for rotation.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

14 years ago

Nearly all portrait/landscape apps including most of the iPhone's core apps are rotatable. Note to be sure you do not have "Portrait Lock" enabled by double tapping multitask, then scroll right to the iPod controls and disable the lock. Only those locked in portrait or landscape by design are not rotatable.

Apps rotatable on the core include:

• Calculator
  • Camera
  • Compass
  • iPod
  • Mail
  • Notes
  • Photos
  • Safari
  • SMS
  • Stocks

Apps not rotatable on the core include:

• App Store and iTunes Store
  • Calendar
  • Clock
  • Contacts
  • Maps
  • Phone
  • Settings
  • Voice Memos
  • Weather
  • YouTube

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

14 years ago

Great list - thanks -

My compass will not rotate, and my ipod will not rotate (although I'm wondering if it is because I have no music on it yet) 

Do you think this is a problem?  I just want to exchange phone right away if it has a problem

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.