For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jaysa's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 8th, 2011 8:32 PM

3G vs. 4G

So, I bought my new Iphone4 in January, however it still shows that I am using a 3G network. This has not upgraded since buying my phone. I realize that a network is different than the actual phone itself, however I was told with the iphone4 I would be using a 4G net. Please explain.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

13 years ago

Sorry to say but you were misinformed. None of the currently available iPhones are 4G capable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Ok, thank you for the info

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:
Sorry to say but you were misinformed. None of the currently available iPhones are 4G capable.

Nor will they be until the next year or two. Time will tell when the time is right and the demand is high.

Scholar

• 

176 Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

Nor will they be until the next year or two. Time will tell when the time is right and the demand is high.

No current iPhone will ever be 4G capable. Requires new hardware. In order to have 4G access, the iPhone will have to have it built-in. It won't be a software upgrade and Apple never upgrades hardware. Hopefully 4G and your upgrade eligibility will coincide.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.