The new iPhone 15
Neurobit's profile

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

Monday, September 9th, 2019 12:58 PM

2019 iPhone 11 Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

It's widely believed that 'Pro' successors to the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR are in the cards.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of ordering issues, etc.

If Apple follows past iPhone schedules, pre-orders for the new iPhones could begin on Friday, September 13, and a launch could follow on Friday, September 20.

Cheers,

Neurobit

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

Need more info. Has it been less than 12 months?

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

Got in at 7:51 et ordered space grey and Midnight Green both 256 gb shipping to Miami to be delivered on September 20 as for the plans same as before even with the Up just have to pay 50% to upgrade next year also they do charge 5.00 per month (60.00) for the year to use this plan that’s the only difference 

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

5 years ago

I honestly don’t know why anyone would choose AT&T’s Next programs over Apple’s installment program.  The phone comes unlocked, if that’s what you want, and it’s a 12/24 plan, so you’d be eligible now if you got a new phone last year and don’t have to pay $5 more a month to get the plan where you only have to pay 50%.

I’m eligible for upgrade, but I’ll probably pass and wait for the iPhone 12, hoping they bring back Touch ID.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

5 years ago

From MacRumors...

Shortly after pre-orders for Apple's new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models went live, supplies of the new higher-end iPhone 11 Pro models began dwindling, with launch day shipping no longer available for many colors and capacities.

Most iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max models in the midnight green color went first, suggesting it is the most popular color this year. At this time, most new Pro models in midnight green will ship in late September to early October.

Space Gray, Silver, and Gold iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max models are also selling out quickly with many colors and capacities across several carriers now unavailable for launch day delivery. Gold devices are still in stock along with a few Silver and Space Gray, but it looks like all available supply will soon be exhausted.

The iPhone 11 appears to be faring better and most models in most colors and capacities can still be purchased for launch day delivery.

Given how fast the iPhone 11 Pro is selling out, it's best to place an order as early as possible. Those who don't get launch day delivery may be able to visit an Apple Store or another retail location on launch day to get a new iPhone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I was one of the ones that assumed that I was still on the Next 24 plan and upgrade every 12 months.  I found out today that I am on the Next 30 plan and have to pay off 80% of the phone to be eligible to upgrade (I have to pay $541 to be eligible).  I am thinking of just going with Apple now for the yearly upgrades.  I would like to do the trade in today with Apple.  I will get $600 for my XS Max as a trade in.  Does anyone know if I can do this while still paying At&t on the Next 30 for the iPhone I am trading in?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:

I honestly don’t know why anyone would choose AT&T’s Next programs over Apple’s installment program.  The phone comes unlocked, if that’s what you want, and it’s a 12/24 plan, so you’d be eligible now if you got a new phone last year and don’t have to pay $5 more a month to get the plan where you only have to pay 50%.

I’m eligible for upgrade, but I’ll probably pass and wait for the iPhone 12, hoping they bring back Touch ID.

Touch ID as we know it is dead...  Under the screen FP maybe BUT apple has put a ton of money into FaceID and it works very well.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@mulebreath wrote:

Got in at 7:51 et ordered space grey and Midnight Green both 256 gb shipping to Miami to be delivered on September 20 as for the plans same as before even with the Up just have to pay 50% to upgrade next year also they do charge 5.00 per month (60.00) for the year to use this plan that’s the only difference 

Ordered the wife a green max and got it on next 24 thru best buy.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just an FYI.  Yes, you can order a phone from Apple while still owing money on an AT&T plan.  You just need to continue to pay off the plan.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

8:06 was finally done with purchase as 256gb Green Pro Max was selling fast on Apple site putting my delivery to sept 27th 😞 now daughter doing via her phone using apple app as i was just same phone but in silver and got the 20th and was done at 8:08... colors matter 😉

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  I’m not writing off Touch ID just yet.  Various articles indicate that Apple may be trying to bring it back, in conjunction with Face ID.  

https://bgr.com/2019/09/09/iphone-12-features-touch-id-coming-back-maybe/

Personally, I hate Face ID.  It’s less reliable for me than Touch ID for me and hardly seems more secure since you can open the phone with a passcode anyway.  I recently got a new iPad and chose the Air over the Pro just because the Air still had Touch ID.  I can easily afford to wait to see what shows up next year.  If no Touch ID, then so be it.  If it comes back in 2020, than I’ll be glad to have waited.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.