Neurobit's profile

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 7:54 PM

Closed

2018 iPhone XS & XS Max - Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

iPhone XS & XS Max ordering starts on Friday, September 14th.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of issues, etc.

When will it be available?

Both the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available to order on September 14 and will ship on September 21!

How much will it cost and how much storage will it have?

iPhone XS

The iPhone XS will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $999.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

iPhone XS Max:

The iPhone XS Max will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $1099.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

Cheers,

Neurobit

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

Can one of y’all point me in the direction of a nice case ?? Has anyone started looking at cases 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Ordered 1x XS Max (space grey, 256GB) and 2x XS (silver, 64GB) on Friday morning 9/14, XS's have been 'preparing to ship' since Sat, and Max moved to Preparing on Monday, all still due 9/21. Originally was going to trade in my 8 Plus via Next, but $$ became pretty good on eBay for resale so I cancelled my original order, paid off my remaining Next installments, reordered as a regular upgrade (also to avoid time lag for ATT to evaluate my 8 Plus and greenlight the shipment; an ex-employee on the forum mentioned that Next trade-ins tended to lag behind non-trade upgrades or outright full-price purchases).

The XS's are replacing 2 iPhone 6S 64GB models, which as of Friday weren't worth more than the $200 credit ATT was offering for trade-in.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

The last few cases I've just used cheapo rubberized plastic ones and put the $$ towards tempered-glass screen protectors - ordered a few of these for this refresh - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153089164271

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

6 years ago

I picked up my case at Best Buy yesterday, Speck Stay Clear for $39. Don’t want anything covering up the beautiful gold color. It’s here waiting for my new iPhone! 😁

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

6 years ago

FWIW, I am doing the Next trade-in, didn’t order until the 15th, and right now, status is “Preparing to Ship”. Hopefully, that doesn’t change until it actually ships.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

Be warned about the clear cases, Majority of those Brands, the Clear will start to Yellow on the sides within a months time, and if that might be an issue for you, because some complain that the case looks dirty, u may want to get a case that has a clear back only with colored sides around phone. Just an FYI that may save u some cash.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

I do use the clear cases and they do yellow over time. so I factor that in, but the upside is that they are very thin, which is what I'm looking for.

They run around $10-11, so having to purchase about two per year is fine by me.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

It’s crazy that the cheaper bran clear cases actually outlast the top line clear cases. The Otterbox, Speck, Spigen all offer good protection, but at the price points, those cases are quite expensive all being $30+ and they yellow in a shorter time frame.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

6 years ago

Agreed. That’s why I chose the “Stay Clear” case. It’s supposed to resist yellowing. I have a Tech 21 case on my 7 Plus right now, also anti-yellowing, hasn’t shown any sign of yellowing in the past year. The case I had on it before got really yellowed and ugly in a matter of a couple of months.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

One good housekeeping thing you can do while you wait...

Download iOS 12 on your current device if you haven't already, and familiarize yourself with it, get all the settings and customization the way you want, so when your shiny new phone arrives, it will all transfer seamlessly from your old phone, as well as having smaller backup/restore sizes due to the optimized code. 

Speed is greatly increased, so everything should be considerably faster than prior iOS versions, specially anything < 11.3 which was very buggy.

Cheers,

Neurobit

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.