Neurobit's profile

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 7:54 PM

Closed

2018 iPhone XS & XS Max - Ordering Thread

It's that time of year again!!!

iPhone XS & XS Max ordering starts on Friday, September 14th.

Let's get this thread started so we can keep track of issues, etc.

When will it be available?

Both the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available to order on September 14 and will ship on September 21!

How much will it cost and how much storage will it have?

iPhone XS

The iPhone XS will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $999.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

iPhone XS Max:

The iPhone XS Max will come in three different storage options (listed below) and pricing starts at $1099.

• 64GB
  • 256GB
  • 512GB

Cheers,

Neurobit

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

The second order number might be for the SIM.  If it is, don’t worry about it.  The SIM will be already in the phone when it arrives.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

For those with a balance on Next, AT&T just recommenced to me that you pay it off early (instead of doing this at time of ordering) to save time, so you've been warned.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

My recommendation is not to buy the new iPhones from att because of delays and thier horrid shipping.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

Maybe, but I've never had any issues with shipping and have always received all iPhones I've ordered on the day promised. 

Now their tracking system is a different story... It is truly horrid.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

People waiting months for a phone and ATT's website failing on a preorder day does not cut it.  You can search the forums and see people getting dates farther out on higher storage models after only 20 minutes of preorders being live.  Now with the xr not shipping or preordering till October and it being the cheaper of all models the rush could be small.  At 1099 for the xs max people are going to look at that and think wow that is a 200 premium over the 8+ from last year...  I am looking forward to seeing how sales go.  I will get a xs max 512gb anyway.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

Also never had a problem getting new iPhone on launch date through AT&T, but I agree their tracking system is horrible.  That’s why I started going through Apple a few IPhones ago.  See no reason to go back through AT&T.  

Easy to go through the Apple Store App and get pre-approved so when 3:01am EST rolls around on Friday, just have to hit the “buy” button.

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately for business premier customers, this is not an option... Man Sad

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

6 years ago

I have first hand experience to know that it is best to do this early or one gets bumped to a late delivery.

I just did an AT&T chat and I could not get an answer to this question. I upgraded to an iPX on a secondary line. I now want to upgrade using my primary line that currently has nothing to pay off. So is it not the case that the stated pay-off for the secondary line is still required even if I use my primary line? I think this is obvious, but I wish AT&T would confirm before I get trapped.

Even though I have been buying through AT&T, would going directly through Apple and using their app to get pre-approval work in this case?

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

It will be per line (number). You may want to stop by an AT&T store if you want to be 100% sure, but I’m pretty certain that it only applies to the number you are upgrading.

If you have a balance on another line, that is independent of the one you want to upgrade tomorrow morning. You can easily tell by going to your account and see the different lines. Each will have a different status and requirements for upgrades depending on whether you have a balance, are paid off, etc.

Hope that helps,

Neurobit

Scholar

• 

252 Messages

6 years ago

OK Folks... 20 min to go... Come back here and post results, tracking, issues, etc.

Thanks, and good luck to you all!

Neurobit

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.