For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
felix_leiter's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 13th, 2010 5:20 PM

$20/month: "IPHONE DATA + 200" portable?

My statements says for $20/month I have the "IPHONE DATA + 200" data plan.  Can I bring over this wireless data plan if I upgrade to iPhone 4?  I got the $20/month data plan when I bought my "old school" 2G iPhone (8GB memory) years ago.

Now, I would like to upgrade to the new iPhone 4 hardware but maintain my $20/month data plan.  Is that possible?  If not, what are my options?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

14 years ago

@Virtual wrote:

No, that feature is only for the first iPhone. Data Plans for the iPhone 4 would be the DataPlus 200MB of $15.00 or the DataPro 2GB of $25.00. If you want the 200 messages feature you would need to add the feature that costs $5.00.

There has been some discussions about this.  Sine this is an existing iPhone data plan, it *may* qualify for an upgrade, but would become a $30 unlimited smartphone data plan, and would not incoude any text messages, those would need to be purchased via an additional option.  The 200 SMS plan is $5/month I think, thus making your new data+ SMS come to $35/month over your current $20/month (assuming you can still get the unimited plan upgrade).

Guru

• 

1K Messages

14 years ago

No, that feature is only for the first iPhone. Data Plans for the iPhone 4 would be the DataPlus 200MB of $15.00 or the DataPro 2GB of $25.00. If you want the 200 messages feature you would need to add the feature that costs $5.00.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

OK, thanks Virtual and GeekBoy.  I appreciate your prompt responses!

Guru

• 

1K Messages

14 years ago

@GeekBoy wrote:

@Virtual wrote:

There has been some discussions about this.  Sine this is an existing iPhone data plan, it *may* qualify for an upgrade, but would become a $30 unlimited smartphone data plan, and would not incoude any text messages, those would need to be purchased via an additional option.  The 200 SMS plan is $5/month I think, thus making your new data+ SMS come to $35/month over your current $20/month (assuming you can still get the unimited plan upgrade).

Oh, yes, he's correct. I forgot that if you have the $20.00 Data + 200 messages feature of the first iPhone then you are eligible to keep the Unlimited Data of $30.00 if you upgrade to a 3G3 or iPhone 4. My bad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.