$20/month: "IPHONE DATA + 200" portable?

Contributor

$20/month: "IPHONE DATA + 200" portable?

My statements says for $20/month I have the "IPHONE DATA + 200" data plan.  Can I bring over this wireless data plan if I upgrade to iPhone 4?  I got the $20/month data plan when I bought my "old school" 2G iPhone (8GB memory) years ago.

Now, I would like to upgrade to the new iPhone 4 hardware but maintain my $20/month data plan.  Is that possible?  If not, what are my options?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: $20/month: "IPHONE DATA + 200" portable?

No, that feature is only for the first iPhone. Data Plans for the iPhone 4 would be the DataPlus 200MB of $15.00 or the DataPro 2GB of $25.00. If you want the 200 messages feature you would need to add the feature that costs $5.00.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Virtual wrote:

No, that feature is only for the first iPhone. Data Plans for the iPhone 4 would be the DataPlus 200MB of $15.00 or the DataPro 2GB of $25.00. If you want the 200 messages feature you would need to add the feature that costs $5.00.

There has been some discussions about this.  Sine this is an existing iPhone data plan, it *may* qualify for an upgrade, but would become a $30 unlimited smartphone data plan, and would not incoude any text messages, those would need to be purchased via an additional option.  The 200 SMS plan is $5/month I think, thus making your new data+ SMS come to $35/month over your current $20/month (assuming you can still get the unimited plan upgrade).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

OK, thanks Virtual and GeekBoy.  I appreciate your prompt responses!

Message 4 of 5
Guru

GeekBoy wrote:

Virtual wrote:

There has been some discussions about this.  Sine this is an existing iPhone data plan, it *may* qualify for an upgrade, but would become a $30 unlimited smartphone data plan, and would not incoude any text messages, those would need to be purchased via an additional option.  The 200 SMS plan is $5/month I think, thus making your new data+ SMS come to $35/month over your current $20/month (assuming you can still get the unimited plan upgrade).

Oh, yes, he's correct. I forgot that if you have the $20.00 Data + 200 messages feature of the first iPhone then you are eligible to keep the Unlimited Data of $30.00 if you upgrade to a 3G3 or iPhone 4. My bad.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support