For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jodyrg's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, September 20th, 2009 4:38 PM

Downloading photos from phone to pc

At the risk of being told how stupid I am once again on this forum, would someone mind telling an old lady how to download the photos on my iphone to my pc? (Except Youngjm you have been awsome) Does it happen automatically when I sink my phone?  I have some very important photos on my phone and don't want to lose them in this process, 
Message Edited by Jodyrg on 09-20-2009 09:50:46 AM
Message Edited by Jodyrg on 09-20-2009 09:51:32 AM

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

15 years ago

No you have to manually move them to your computer.  

On a PC when the iPhone is connected it acts like a removable storage drive.  You can go to My Computer/Computer and select the iPhone> Internal Storage > DCIM > Apple .. You can copy all or individual images to your computer.

There are ways to more automate the process.  Control Panel > Auto Play .. You can set your iPhone to Import Pictures and Videos using Windows.  Then whenever you connect your iPhone it starts the import process.  However I find that annoying as I do not always want to do this when I connect my phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

I don't seem to "see" the phone under Windows XP as mentioned

Scholar

• 

480 Messages

14 years ago

Do you see your phone in iTunes? If not it could be a bad cable or USB issue.  If you are seeing it in iTunes then you should see it under my computer as well. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a Samsung flipphone from ATT, a GoPhone I purchased locally at an ATT Phone Store.

It is a fine piece of technology for someone who doesn't want more in a phone. This one came with a camera. I have maxed out the space on my phone and wish to transfer them to my PC, but there is no app that I know of to do this, AND the phone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on the Windows Explorer. I have Win 7 Professional. 

Is there an app which I can use to scan this card and transfer the photos off of my phone?

Thanks for helping me out.

Ken *****
For texting use *****

My home phone is *****

My Email is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@kwj71543 wrote:

I have a Samsung flipphone from ATT, a GoPhone I purchased locally at an ATT Phone Store.

It is a fine piece of technology for someone who doesn't want more in a phone. This one came with a camera. I have maxed out the space on my phone and wish to transfer them to my PC, but there is no app that I know of to do this, AND the phone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on the Windows Explorer. I have Win 7 Professional. 

Is there an app which I can use to scan this card and transfer the photos off of my phone?

Thanks for helping me out.

Ken Jaccard
For texting use (*******************

My home phone is (****************

My Email is *************** 

First please DO NOT post personal information like phone numbers and email addresses in a public forum like this.

Have you posted to the Wireless > Phones & Devices > Samsung forum(s)? Specify the exact model of phone you want to get the photos off of when you do.

Beyond that check this quick Google search for possible help...

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=feature+phone+to+computer+transfer+software

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=copy+photos+from+feature+phone+to+computer

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.