The new iPhone 15
Kerry78's profile

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 5:24 AM

Selling on iPhone 4S with remaining AppleCare valid till June 2014

Hi I've got the above question that needs answered by u lovely people I hope you can help 😉

Basically I've bought a BNIB iPhone 5 because I wanted the advantage Of having quicker 3G speeds plus occasional 4G when I move to another Provider in December 😉

So my thing is when I get this phone I will have no need for my Trusty 4S which I'm pretty sad At selling it mind as I've had a good 2 years use from it 🙂

Ok so It still has warranty left on it and as my 5 has warranty on it too It's not worth me transferring the remainder onto the new phone as I want to Get the iPhone 6 at launch in 2014

So when I sell 4S on would I must contact apple to transfer the details onto new owner or if the phone broke and they went into a apple store the rep could just asist
Them anyway?

Can you please let me know also how do I delete the phone from my account
So the new buyer can set it up in his/her way?!

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

Hope this will help answer your question about transferring Applecare.   Smiley Happy

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5693

@Kerry78 wrote:
Hi I've got the above question that needs answered by u lovely people I hope you can help 😉

Basically I've bought a BNIB iPhone 5 because I wanted the advantage Of having quicker 3G speeds plus occasional 4G when I move to another Provider in December 😉

So my thing is when I get this phone I will have no need for my Trusty 4S which I'm pretty sad At selling it mind as I've had a good 2 years use from it 🙂

Ok so It still has warranty left on it and as my 5 has warranty on it too It's not worth me transferring the remainder onto the new phone as I want to Get the iPhone 6 at launch in 2014

So when I sell 4S on would I must contact apple to transfer the details onto new owner or if the phone broke and they went into a apple store the rep could just asist
Them anyway?

Can you please let me know also how do I delete the phone from my account
So the new buyer can set it up in his/her way?!

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

Check out these support articles.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

11 years ago

Awesome thank you 😉

So I will get the details of the buyer once it's been sold
And sort that stuff put with apple 🙂

Do you know how to also remove the iPhone
From the account it's tied to with (iTunes Apple) etc

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you once again @ brainwaver

Will bookmark those and follow them when
New phone comes oh and new SIM card lol 😉

Guru

• 

402 Messages

11 years ago

You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5! I'm on the fence whether to upgrade to the 5s. I went from the 4 to the 4s when it came out and I've never regretted it. I love my 4s so having a difficult time deciding. Smiley Indifferent

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

11 years ago

If you can sell your 4S like me and get it unlocked
Then I think it is worthwhile you doing the same as me by keeping the 5 till the 6 arrives etc 😉

The 4g or faster 3G speeds with the 5 is going to be a lot better for instance 🙂

You can get some good bargains on the 5 atm btw
I paid £350 for a bnib one it's sealed I got the if numbers of the person who sold it me to check it out etc first I suggest you do the same too if you use eBay 😉

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Apple is starting to slip between the rocks with smart phome technology, theres so much other smart phones that in my eyes are better I have the Windows 8 phone Nokia 1520 and wouldn't trade it for a Apple and $200.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.