Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

when will the update android marshmallow be released for Samsung Galaxy S3?

Highlighted

when will the update android marshmallow be released for Samsung Galaxy S3?

samsung told me that they been working on samsung marshmallow when will it be updated to my samsung galaxy s3?

Message 1 of 28
ACE - Expert

Re: when will the update android marshmallow be released?

To the s3 never. It didn't get lollipop. It eol on updates. The s4 won't get marshmallow according to Samsung.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 28

according to samsung it will be released
Message 3 of 28

i just recently contacted samsung they said i will be getting marshmellow
Message 4 of 28
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by GLIMMERMAN76
‎01-22-2016 6:22 AM

@kimjaeyoung3 wrote:
i just recently contacted samsung they said i will be getting marshmellow

and the rep you talked to was a little more than wrong as the s3 will stay on kit kat.  It didnt get lollipop....  here is the last change log

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KB415621

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 28

?????
Message 6 of 28
ACE - Expert

galaxy s3 wont get marshmallow...  you can believe it will but as a dev I can tell you it wont its just TO OLD of a phone.

Message 7 of 28

yes it will
Message 8 of 28

samsung told me that not att
Message 9 of 28
ACE - Expert

And Samsung had said time and time again the s3 would not get lollipop or
marshmallow. Just because a support person says something does not make it
true.
Message 10 of 28
ACE - Sage

@kimjaeyoung3

The Samsung Galaxy S3 will not be getting any more updates.   The most current software (and last) is kit kat 4.4.4.   No 5 and no 6.  

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I747MBBATT

Link to Samsung website above.   

I owned a GS3, sold it 6 months ago knowing it would never have more than security updates in the future.  

Any other software would have to come via root, which we can't discuss here.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 11 of 28

well they told me they are working on it
Message 12 of 28
ACE - Expert

That was a blanket statment as they are working on lollipop for the s6 s5
note 4 and note 5.
Message 13 of 28

I GOT ANDROID 4.4.2
Message 14 of 28
ACE - Sage

Congratulations.  You have an old phone.   

Update your phone and you will get updated software. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 15 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support