The Samsung Galaxy S24
acodner's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, January 8th, 2015 4:19 AM

when will the moto x 2nd gen getting its lollipop update?

When will the moto x 2nd gen getting its lollipop update. I spoke with Motorola and they said its you guys thats making the update take so long to get out to us which isn't fair because the whole reason some of us got the moto x 2nd gen was to take advantage of the speedy updates please let us get what we pay for!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same exact problem. The whole reason why I had gotten this phone was for the lollipop. I had a Nexus 5 with the lollipop update and I'm disappointed that I can't use it with my moto xx

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

It's not that it's not out yet that bothers me so much, I mean I would like having it (It's one of the resasons bought the Moto X2). It's the complete lack of info! If you call AT&T they say it's Motorola holding up the release.If you call Motorola they say AT&T has had it since mid Nov. and has all the versions of Lollipop and it's up to their own discretion to release OEM via OTA. Motorola is pretty fustrated with whole "AT&T Lollipop" thing because after my 3rd phone call in the last 5 days they put me thru to an actual person who works on Upgrades.He was even trying to send it to me via "Motorola Device Manager" but after dicussing with his coworkers they were concerned that XT1097 may get Bricked because AT&T is bundling it with some other upgrades (I'm assuming "VoLTE" and usual Crapware) with it and they don't have access to that.They said other stuff as well but it was all drowned out by my dissapointment. The point is that Motorola wants this update out! It's there reputation for quick updates on the line! AT&T could give a %$@*!!!! about udates to one brand of phone or maybe just maybe the're just really trying to give us the most stable version of Lollipop (trying to be optimistic here and cut AT&T some slack).It's just keeping your paying customers in the dark AT&T and telling us that another company is holding up this prosses is not cool. AT&T you told me on the phone and on Twitter that Motorola was the problem and then they spent at least 38 minutes with me trying to by-pass you're Crapware to get me Lollipop.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

there are only a few at ATT that are actually aware of upgrade time tables.   And they are sure not the reps you get on the phone.  I am also suprised not to see the update for the x.  Samsung is pushing for there updates to be pushed out also.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I feel just like the rest of you guys..Motorola told me the same thing att is the reason we still don't have the update yet..we was better of buying the phone straight from motorala because updates are fast and ready to go even Verizon moto x 2nd gen pushed the lollipop updates out and verizon sucks when it comes to pushing out updatesupdates

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I just called at and t and it looks like they have the update and they pushed it out for some part of the world about 3 days ago and it looks like it will be coming to most US and European places in probably a week to two weeks if not less

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Nice!!!! Can't waitwait

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @acodner

I’d be happy to help with the widely anticipated update to Lollipop for your Moto X! At this time, we do not have an expected release date. We receive the base code from Google which is the standard Lollipop software. We then must modify specific areas to function correctly with our services and provide the features you get with AT&T. This includes a lot of additional testing to ensure the best possible experience. Rest assured that as soon as it’s ready to download, you’ll receive a notification on your device!

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

You do realize that most people end up disabling the stuff AT&T puts on.

My current disables apps are:

AT&T Live
AT&T Locker
AT&T Mail
AT&T Navigator
AT&T Ready2Go
Caller Name ID
Device Help
Lookout
Motorola Migrate
Usage Manager
Wallet (Softcards, I use Googles)
YP

Just makes the apps available to download, don't pre-load them and make it so I can't remove them. They take up space on the device. It's silly. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

@Sc00ter your right I really hate when they add all of that bloatware nobody wants it just push out the update and get rid of att apps leave the att apps in the play store let us decide if we want them on our device you shouldn't force these garbarge apps on us as if you att are buying the device for us so please stop!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

well you 2 thats not going to happen and you know it.  The problem here is motorola not ATT as one of there devs put on google+ they are having trouble fixing some bugs.  Bloatware is always going to be on carrier branded cell phone.  You had a choice to buy from ATT or get it from Moto sans bloat aka pure edition.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.