Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 2, 2013
8:32:14 PM
View profile
what is in samsung galaxy note software update available from the phone?

what is in samsung galaxy note software update available from the phone?  It is not the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, right? I do not want to update to 4.1.2.

I clicked 'check software update' on the phone. After that It constantly asks you to update, only ask you to choose update now or postpone, without giving you an option to abort. Very irritating.

How to prevent it from constantly asking you to update?

Thanks.

what is in samsung galaxy note software update available from the phone?  It is not the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, right? I do not want to update to 4.1.2.

I clicked 'check software update' on the phone. After that It constantly asks you to update, only ask you to choose update now or postpone, without giving you an option to abort. Very irritating.

How to prevent it from constantly asking you to update?

Thanks.

what is in samsung galaxy note software update available from the phone?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 7:39:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What update it is trying to get you to install, depends on what is currently on your device.  The OTA server will keep prompting you to update the next incremental update.  OTA updates typically need to be installed in order, and cannot be skipped over.

Not sure if the updater process can be froozen/suspended.  Particularly if you are on an older firmware version,  since this feature was not added to Settings until Jellybean.  And it may require root to freeze the updater process, anyway.

What update it is trying to get you to install, depends on what is currently on your device.  The OTA server will keep prompting you to update the next incremental update.  OTA updates typically need to be installed in order, and cannot be skipped over.

Not sure if the updater process can be froozen/suspended.  Particularly if you are on an older firmware version,  since this feature was not added to Settings until Jellybean.  And it may require root to freeze the updater process, anyway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: what is in samsung galaxy note software update available from the phone?

2 of 2 (5,368 Views)