The Samsung Galaxy S24
biker2356754's profile

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, April 16th, 2011 5:21 PM

upgrading your x10 is now possible, don't have to wait

I took it a step further. After flashing to Sony Ericsson 2.1 update1 Global, I tried several of the new roms available at xda
I installed Adobe Flashplayer 10.2 on the SD card. That's where all your apps should be, free up phone memory and things get much more crisp and responsive. My mother-in-law couldn't attend the wedding so I called her on the x10, so she could hear the ceremony over the phone. While on the phone, I also video recorded the entire ceremony, and promptly uploaded it to YouTube so she could watch it also. Here in Los Angeles where I live and work I am surrounded by all kinds of different smart phones. Folks always ask about the x10. During discussions I will often pull it out and google voice search a question and settle an argument with that nice big screen display faster than you can say "don't hold my eye-phone like that..."
Anyone who owns an ATT branded X10 can download the new flashtool to a computer and use that program to get root access and complete control over the x10 and upgrade it with xrecovery. Just google up xdadevelopers! (it voids your warranty) Flash one of the latest roms and get what you paid for!
I can watch the videos Channel 7 ABC News Los Angeles that are presented on the internet with my x10, can you?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

I was an ATT customer for years before they forced me to Cingular and customer service went from 24/7 support including Christmas Day to a banker's hours type setup that wouldn't do anything about a stolen phone until the next Monday morning. Now that they switched their name back to att they managed to deteriorate further by failing to embrace android and letting go of their bloatware, eg end of life for x10? Even in the face of Sony Ericsson's capitulation and promising 2.3.3? My x10 rocks on Android 2.2.1 at present. I tested 2.3 from xda back before they fixed the camera and proved that yes the x10 CAN handle it and seemed quite fast as a matter of fact. ATT has become very disappointing.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

This is a hotrod x10 not. HTC fix your software att

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

Yeah the computer won't let me reply hence all the empty posts this feels heavily moderated yet void of technical advice or any official news. This was posted using a Sony Ericsson x10 rooted and flashed with cyanogenmod 6.1.3 v06

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

I have flashed different baseband with flashtool right now I'm using baseband 55. Sony Ericsson has a forum also and the help you find in there from Lightyear and from ag4751 as far as beginning right from root invaluable.

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

I beg pardon you can't upgrade if your phone is still locked and att can do this for you. Read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=852119

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

13 years ago

biker2356754 wrote:
I beg pardon you can't upgrade if your phone is still locked and att can do this for you. Read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=852119

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? The phone being locked has nothing to do with being able to debrand/rebrand/flash a new rom on the x10. The post you linked to is from a user selling unlock codes by the way, which is something AT&T can do for free. Follow the links I posted there (same username) and you'll get the information you need to unlock the x10 from AT&T. If people don't meet the "guidelines" set by AT&T then by all means they can pay someone else to unlock their phone if it means that much to them.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Good call spidertech. I got a locked and branded x10a from eBay. It seemed to be in really good shape and am using to add to this thread matter of fact. I used flashtool to get rid of android 1.6 and I now enjoy 2.2. ATT locked makes no difference.

Scholar

• 

122 Messages

13 years ago

I got the flashtool from xda,although the phone is running 2.1,I'm somewhat glad I did it. The at&t apps that I use are NOT the same,but when flashing,boosted phone memory. Plus,running on HSPA makes a WORLD of difference,especially using PDANet. We do not have broadband other wireless,so my mobiles are my modems,thus my lifeline. Anyway,we can't tether (at least,not TECHNICALLY),so another plus in my corner.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.