The Samsung Galaxy S24
eirianbryn's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 2:12 PM

updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

i updated two days ago via kies on my computer, i have no notification sounds.  i have checked volume and any "silent" options and i should be getting something.  thank goodness i have a notification app... noLED  so i can at least SEE that i have a text or email

any help.. please ?

thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

You can't get GingerBread back. I complained and they gave me a new S3. Go to the store and do a bit of fussing. They will send you a new phone but can't guarantee that it won't have ICS on it. Mine was heating up, no battery life, no email, no text, freezing up...and they tried to blame a third party app. They know that there is a problem. Go to the store.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@hzmt22193 wrote:

Since ATT downgraded my phone to the gingerbread, I have no problems with the notifications.  I would recommed that you have ATT downgrade you phone to the previous operating system. 

How do you ever get anyone at ATT to agree to do the downgrade back to Gingerbread.  I have been begging for it for over a month through one replacement already.  I know it is the IceCream Sandwich that is causing the problem, but nobody is listening.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Does anyone else have a suggestion on this? My wife's phone has been experiencing this issue ever since she upgraded to ICS.

Last week the phone actually died, nothing would power it on. We took it into the warranty center and got it replaced but it also has ICS on it.

Same exact problem, after a reboot notifications will sometimes work for an hour or so then it just goes silent. Before we left I had asked the service reps to downgrade it to GB because of the issues caused with ICS and they refused. Is there no fixing this?!?!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My most recent issue was back in August. If I used a "speed dial#", such as the number 1 for voice mail, it would dial the number, but the screen went black. To hang up I had to remove the back and take out the battery. I took it to the service center. After 3 phones they finally got one that wouldn't do that. I am still not 100%, but a whole lot better.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I am also on my third replacement phone. Received it two Fridays ago and by Saturday morning the text notifications went out. I've also noticed that the first thing to go out on these devices is the screen lock sound. Kinda weird I guess. Called today and the att guy had me do some *#*# combination and said that I might have some sort of virus on my sim card. So he had me save my pics and contacts elsewhere and supposedly wiped everything off my phone. Well see if that helps. Btw the lock sound already went out. They're supposed to call me back tomorrow and see what's up. I'll keep you guys posted.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

My phone is still under warranty.  So the warranty center re-flashed the gingerbread OS back on.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

11 years ago

The call center said that factory flashed phones may not have the problem that mine that was upgraded through Kies had. I didn't really believe them, but I got a warranty replacement and I've actually gotten notified on text messages for the last week with ICS installed. Fingers crossed, but hopefully it's fixed. It was a pain getting numbers transfered though. I had to copy them to my memory card and then restore them from there. Using the sim, exporting to file and loading to google contacts and Kies all failed me.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

11 years ago

Update, my new factory flashed S2 didn't notify me on texts this weekend. It appears to be a software issue that is not affected by how the phone is upgraded to ICS. I'm very upset and hope to have time to call AT&T later today.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same thing happened to me, but I think I figured it out...

1. Under settings, click "sound"

2. Checked all the boxes under "system" including keytones, touch sounds, screen lock sound, and vibrate on screen tap

3. Vibrate and ring is checked "ringtone and notifications"

4. For "vibration intensity" I turned ringtone and notification all the way up, and vibrate on screen tap all the way down

Hopefully that works for you guys

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

11 years ago

The fact that a reboot would make the problem go away each time lead me to believe that it was not something fixed by settings. Since factore refreshes and a replacement s2 did not fix the problem, they eventually let me buy an s3 for $50 11 months into my contract. I still would rather that they could get software updates out in a timely manner as they haven't fixed any of the ICS problems in the 6 months that ICS has been out for the AT&T S2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.