The Samsung Galaxy S24
eirianbryn's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 2:12 PM

updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

i updated two days ago via kies on my computer, i have no notification sounds.  i have checked volume and any "silent" options and i should be getting something.  thank goodness i have a notification app... noLED  so i can at least SEE that i have a text or email

any help.. please ?

thank you

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Mine won't vibrate upon reciept of a text or e-mail either after ICS either.

Some other boards have said to open Messaging, hit the Menu button and select settings, and Vibration is at the bottom, but that setting does not exist on my phone.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Since ATT downgraded my phone to the gingerbread, I have no problems with the notifications.  I would recommed that you have ATT downgrade you phone to the previous operating system. 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

Wondering if anyone has gotten anymore info on this issue.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Still no updates? Anyone found a solution?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Factory resetting? It usually fixes problems

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I called AT&T yesterday and was referred to Samsung.  Samsung instructed me to do a factory reset.  Doing a factory reset seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

It's been my experience that after i did a factory restore that the issue returned.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I did a factory reset and it did not help. I went back to Gingerbread...

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

Seems like the only solution until this bug is fixed is to return to Gingerbread and wait for ICS to be patched. Have to go to a service center i guess.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Agreed. I have tried everything. It is frustrating that this update has such a fundamental glitch! Did they not notice during testing that a bunch of phones stopped ringing or receiving text messages? Pretty poor testing.

So how to I get the phone reverted?  I hope AT&T replies to this thread that a fix is in the works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.