updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

i updated two days ago via kies on my computer, i have no notification sounds.  i have checked volume and any "silent" options and i should be getting something.  thank goodness i have a notification app... noLED  so i can at least SEE that i have a text or email

any help.. please ?

thank you

Message 1 of 31 (7,656 Views)
Tutor

Re: updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

I have the same issue, no notification sounds or vibration. They do show in the notification bar and the phone lights up, just no sound/vibration alerts. 

I've tried setting and resetting them specifically in the applications, still nothing.

Any thoughts?

Message 2 of 31 (7,619 Views)
Contributor

Same problem here....i find if i restart the phone, i get notification sounds for a while but then lose them again

Message 3 of 31 (7,596 Views)

i hope they have a fix for this soon... it is very annoying
Message 4 of 31 (7,509 Views)
Mentor

I'm having the same issue. Have to restart my phone several times a day to get my notifications working again.

Message 5 of 31 (7,493 Views)

I hope at&t is working on a solution.
Message 6 of 31 (7,467 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Just reporting back that I have found no resolution yet. As mentioned above, restarting fixes the notifications for an undetermined amount of time, then they go missing again.

Message 7 of 31 (7,450 Views)
Teacher

I did the update last week.  The problem I had was that when a notification (text, facebook, twitter) came in, sometimes the phone alerted with the ringtone and sometimes it came in silent.  Samsung said that they could fix it in 6 business days.  I did a factory reset and ATT sent 5 ota programs to install on the phone.  No luck.  Today the ATT warranty center downgraded to the old operating system (gingerbread?).  So we will see what happens.  I don't think I will try the upgrade again.  I guess the new software will have to come with a new phone.

Message 8 of 31 (7,414 Views)
Mentor

ATT warranty center downgraded? What does that mean? 

I sure hope they become aware of the issue soon.

Message 9 of 31 (7,365 Views)
Teacher

It means they will flash the previous version that was on the phone before you did the upgrade using your pc.

Message 10 of 31 (7,350 Views)
Contributor

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2 after the updat...

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2 after the update. The phone just will not notify me of anything and it is really annoying. I have tried everything but luckily AT&T is nice enough to send me out a new phone. I hope that the new one works with the update because I enjoy all of the other features

Message 11 of 31 (7,252 Views)
Teacher

Re: I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2 after the updat...

Mine won't vibrate upon reciept of a text or e-mail either after ICS either.

Some other boards have said to open Messaging, hit the Menu button and select settings, and Vibration is at the bottom, but that setting does not exist on my phone.

Message 12 of 31 (7,245 Views)
Teacher

Since ATT downgraded my phone to the gingerbread, I have no problems with the notifications.  I would recommed that you have ATT downgrade you phone to the previous operating system. 

Message 13 of 31 (7,201 Views)
Mentor

Wondering if anyone has gotten anymore info on this issue.

Message 14 of 31 (7,059 Views)
Teacher

Still no updates? Anyone found a solution?

Message 15 of 31 (6,853 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.