The Samsung Galaxy S24
eirianbryn's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 2:12 PM

updated to ics on Galaxy S2 and now no notification sounds

i updated two days ago via kies on my computer, i have no notification sounds.  i have checked volume and any "silent" options and i should be getting something.  thank goodness i have a notification app... noLED  so i can at least SEE that i have a text or email

any help.. please ?

thank you

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same issue, no notification sounds or vibration. They do show in the notification bar and the phone lights up, just no sound/vibration alerts. 

I've tried setting and resetting them specifically in the applications, still nothing.

Any thoughts?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Same problem here....i find if i restart the phone, i get notification sounds for a while but then lose them again

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

i hope they have a fix for this soon... it is very annoying

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Have to restart my phone several times a day to get my notifications working again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I hope at&t is working on a solution.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Just reporting back that I have found no resolution yet. As mentioned above, restarting fixes the notifications for an undetermined amount of time, then they go missing again.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

I did the update last week.  The problem I had was that when a notification (text, facebook, twitter) came in, sometimes the phone alerted with the ringtone and sometimes it came in silent.  Samsung said that they could fix it in 6 business days.  I did a factory reset and ATT sent 5 ota programs to install on the phone.  No luck.  Today the ATT warranty center downgraded to the old operating system (gingerbread?).  So we will see what happens.  I don't think I will try the upgrade again.  I guess the new software will have to come with a new phone.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

12 years ago

ATT warranty center downgraded? What does that mean? 

I sure hope they become aware of the issue soon.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

It means they will flash the previous version that was on the phone before you did the upgrade using your pc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2 after the update. The phone just will not notify me of anything and it is really annoying. I have tried everything but luckily AT&T is nice enough to send me out a new phone. I hope that the new one works with the update because I enjoy all of the other features

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.