Helpful Links

unable to connect server

Tutor

unable to connect server

Need advice on how to make my SAMSUNG Infuse I997 connect to server.  Suddenly my e-mail application with hotmail account stopped downloading messages and I only get unable to connect server messageerror.  All settings remain the same except for account password which I change every 72 days.  What could I do to remedy this issue?

Message 1 of 11
Highlighted
Professor

Re: unable to connect server

Hmmm maybe try logging in on your PC and see if the password is still the same, then if it is, try deleting the account and putting it on again,

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

I went to solutions but it didn't state how to fix it.

Message 3 of 11
Tutor

I have the same issue, however I have noticed it works fine with WiFi on. Whenever my WiFi is off I can't acces my email getting messae 'unable to connect server'.  Does anyone have the solution. Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

Found the problem. Go to Settings -> Wireless and network -> -> Mobile networks --> 'Use packet data' checkbox must be checked
Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I am currently have a connection problem for my emails...since yesterday as they will not updated...tried deleting account but it keeps staying a connection server error using port 995 and 465...this is tiresome and stressfull...it states cannot safely connect to server....this is on my Samsung E tab newest Tab and Samsung S5....I NEED ANSWERS

Message 6 of 11
Tutor

I am having the same issues with my S5. My email has not updated to my phone since 7/25/17. I tried to access and got the message "unable to connect to server." I deleted the email account from my phone and tried to reinstall, but getting the same message - ugh! My husband has the same phone, but has not had this happen... yet. I can access my email from my computer without issue. I would appreciate any help!
Message 7 of 11
Tutor

How do I setup my Sbcglobal email on my Android phone?
I just used the following procedure and now my email is working on my phone.  For some reason, the POP3 server & the SMTP server changed.  I hope this helps you as well!
How do I setup my Sbcglobal email on my Android phone?
Email Manual Settings
  1. Enter your username.
  2. Enter your password.
  3. Enter POP3 server - pop.att.yahoo.com.
  4. Enter Port - 995.
  5. Touch Next.
  6. Enter SMTP server - smtp.att.yahoo.com.
  7. Enter Port - 465.
  8. Enter your username.
Message 8 of 11
Contributor

Thanks mrrbldr, I had same problem on same date July 25, 2017.
Similarly, I took the manual entry approach, and changed the POP3 server from "inbound.ATT.net" to pop.att.yahoo.com.
I left the SMPT intact, which in my case showed smpt.mail.att.net, and that was all it took to get it to work.
I'm extremely grateful for the help on resolving this issue, since I had spent several hours agonizing to find the solution.
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

Tried this and all is good. Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem which started on 7/25/17 at 6 pm. Have tried getting AT&T to correct the problem but can't get to the "group"  that can help. Getting updates on computer is fine. Just get the run-around when calling AT&T. I thought the AT&T monopoly of phone service was broken up in 1984? Does anybody have suggestions on what to do?

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support