The Samsung Galaxy S24
marc13's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 1:21 PM

why are my text messages and responses out of order

Why do my text messages display out of order?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

i am having thie problem as well.  My phone does have the clock set to auto... so that’s not the issue.

basically I send a text it goes through and the person responds. However their response is showing up before the text I sent.  It’s very weird. How do I fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same problem!  Just started today and the clock is set to automatically 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue, but my date & time is already set to automatic. Any other suggestions? I have an iPhone 6S.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

SOLVED - PART 2

If you followed these steps and found your Automatic Date is already enabled,

1.) Turn it off.  

2.) Send a few messages to anybody.  Including yourself.  

3.) Then go back into settings and re-enable the Automatic Date.

4.) Lastly do a hard reset (on iPad or iPhone (prior to iPhone X) hold home button and power button simultaneously until you see the white Apple logo).  And viola they should start sorting correctly once your device has finished resetting.  

Worked for me anyway.  

ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS

Go to Settings.
Select Date and time.
Select Automatic date and time switch, to enable feature.
Adjust settings as needed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I turned the time I turned the time and date off and on again since mine was already enabled. Turned my iPhone off and back on again and now it works fine!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

this did not take care of my issue.  I called AT&T.  Here is what we did:

Go to settings>>general>>reset>>reset network settings

Also, AT&T will re-

@mnaks424 wrote:

I turned the time I turned the time and date off and on again since mine was already enabled. Turned my iPhone off and back on again and now it works fine!

provision SMS network settings for your number/Phone.

Issue resolved within 3 minutes.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My date and time were set to automatic.  I turned it automatic setting off and then on again.   Just rebooted my phone and the problem is still the same.    Any other ideas?  Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I also reset network settings.  Still the same mess in my messages.  I have to search for new messages, nothing is in order.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

All my group messaging keeps deleting. I've reset and I've checked all my settings. My group messages disappear if I text someone right after. This last update messed up my phone. My text resent text messages also drop to the bottom of my list of someone else texts me. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Tturk21 you may wanna start your own thread instead of posting in an unrelated one. You lower your chance of it being seen here

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.