For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Agunat's profile

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 8:34 PM

switch from Apple to Android?

I currently have the iPhone 4S that I've been very happy with but I want a bigger screen.  I know that Apple will be coming out with new models soon and may be going to a bigger screen but assuming it doesn't go to 5" I am considering going to the Samsung S4.  The S4 seems like a very nice phone but I'm nervous about switching to the Android system though.  Can anyone experienced with both systems and/or the S4 offer a comparison for me?  I'm also considering the forthcoming Note 3.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

11 years ago

What is NFC?

Bob

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

@Agunat wrote:
What is NFC?

Bob

It is offcially Called Near Field Communication. have you Seen the Ads for the Samsun Galaxy s3 or s4 where they would bump the backs of the phone and then would share a photo/Video/Music or etc? While Samsung Tweaked it t do that but Generally it is to transmit Data wirelessly ( Has to be close to each other). Mind you this is not the technical terms of this and this is from what i can gather using my knowledge of what i know

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

11 years ago

@thezixl wrote:

I've been an iPhone user since 2008. I crave a larger screen, which now appears to be a year away.

This year's updated 5S looks to include a fingerprint reader. (The NSA doesn't have enough data already?) 

I've been testing out iOS 7, which is a nice enhancement but I need more. 

I've ordered an HTC One after reading a lot about Android phones. Not giving up my iPhone just yet but rather, testing them out, side-by-side. I enjoy the stability of iOS but it's getting just a bit tired. Making a plastic iPhone is not want I want either.

I'm sure there will be things I like and things I don't like about Android. At least with Android, I have a wide choice of screens sizes, with Apple, I don't. (Yes, I know 4S to 5 was a slight increase)

I use a Mac, which works seamlessly with my iPhone. That part, I enjoy.

I've read about a lot of people in the forums, who've made the switch to Android and never looked back. 

I don't know if I will be one of those people but at least I am starting to open my eyes. 

I don't wanna be part of the iSheep forever. It's a big world and we all have choices.

You wont be dissapointed 🙂

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Near Field Communication also allows for contactless payments in stores that have the terminals for it.  Google Wallet uses NFC.  You can also use NFC tags set up in various places to change settings and perform actions on your phone.  NFC has many uses.  Unfortunately, I don't think that it will catch on in a big way until Apple puts it into an iPhone.  Android devices started using NFC around two years ago (the hardware was there earlier) and BlackBerry devices have had NFC for a while.  High-end Windows Phone 8 devices have NFC, as well.  So I am waiting for Apple to come to the NFC table so that widespread acceptance/usage can happen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.